The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

So no apology offered to any members of the general public drinking in that pub who may have been infected as a consequence of their stupidity and selfishness.

These guys were aware that the country is in the middle of a pandemic, they were aware that the city of Aberdeen was experiencing a serious spike in infections, and still they didn't give a monkey's f*ck about anything or anybody but themselves and enjoying their wee night out after doing so well earlier against Rangers.  Issuing a poorly judged statement which is heavy on excuses and light on any genuine remorse has not reflected well on these idiots. The fact that this badly misjudged statement has obviously been prepared on their behalf by the club's PR Department has rebounded big time on Aberdeen FC.

Whopping punishment heading Aberdeen's way.

3 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

So no apology offered to any members of the general public drinking in that pub who may have been infected as a consequence of their stupidity and selfishness.

These guys were aware that the country is in the middle of a pandemic, they were aware that the city of Aberdeen was experiencing a serious spike in infections, and still they didn't give a monkey's f*ck about anything or anybody but themselves and enjoying their wee night out after doing so well earlier against Rangers.  Issuing a poorly judged statement which is heavy on excuses and light on any genuine remorse has not reflected well on these idiots. The fact that this badly misjudged statement has obviously been prepared on their behalf by the club's PR Department has rebounded big time on Aberdeen FC.

so if these players had not gone out for a meal and a drink - there would be no spike? 

what about the selfishness of all the members of public who were out and about that night that may have infected the players?

they were aware that the city of Aberdeen was experiencing a serious spike in infections

Come away now. How could you possibly know that? We went back into the lockdown on Wednesday, four days after their night out.

3 minutes ago, kent_don said:

so if these players had not gone out for a meal and a drink - there would be no spike? 

Are you having reading difficulties or are you just thick ?

The spike in cases was there before those morons hit the town, as I said above "they were aware that the city of Aberdeen was experiencing a serious spike in infections, and still they didn't give a monkey's f*ck about anything or anybody but themselves and enjoying their wee night out".

Red dots don't frighten me either.

Huge financial punishment heading north !!!

14 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

What in the name of f**k are you talking about? First of all, the two players almost certainly caught it in the pub, rather than taking it to the pub with them. Second of all, they were not aware that the city of Aberdeen was experiencing a serious spike in infections, because that spike in infections only became publicly known on Sunday.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

What in the name of f**k are you talking about? First of all, the two players almost certainly caught it in the pub, rather than taking it to the pub with them. Second of all, they were not aware that the city of Aberdeen was experiencing a serious spike in infections, because that spike in infections only became publicly known on Sunday.

How can you know this ? They could have picked it up somewhere else (possibly in the restaurant) and they may even have brought it to the pub. Are you an epidemiologist ? Major apologies from me if you have the facts at your fingertips.

How can you know this ? They could have picked it up somewhere else (possibly in the restaurant) and they may even have brought it to the pub. Are you an epidemiologist ? Major apologies from me if you have the facts at your fingertips.

I did do a PhD in mapping disease risk in Scotland and have spoken at epidemiology conferences, so yes I probably could describe myself as an epidemiologist. Apology accepted.

On the topic at hand, hundreds of people moved around between restaurants and bars in Aberdeen last weekend, something they, like all 8 players, were legally allowed to. Given that they clearly weren't the "patient zero" for Aberdeen, having all tested negative literally days earlier, why do you think that the footballers are the ones responsible for others catching the disease?

8 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I did do a PhD in mapping disease risk in Scotland and have spoken at epidemiology conferences, so yes I probably could describe myself as an epidemiologist. Apology accepted.

did-ye-aye.jpg.a288ddc8ffa8eb7349d30c9b918f190d.jpg

Edited by Doctor

Now then!

I wonder if the FM, aka Furious Mouth will  give a rant of disgust at Hibernian after Saturdays game with Livi?

Noted a group of Hibernian supporters ( minus social distancing) gathered at a hill overlooking the Livi stadium.

Also noted the Hibs substitutes were all bunched together, none wearing masks.

Quite different from all the the other SPL teams playing on Saturday.

Come on FM lets hear you rant about that.

Now then!
I wonder if the FM, aka Furious Mouth will  give a rant of disgust at Hibernian after Saturdays game with Livi?
Noted a group of Hibernian supporters ( minus social distancing) gathered at a hill overlooking the Livi stadium.
They never caught it so they're fine. We're only stringing folk up if they're pro footballers, break social distancing law, and catch the Rona. Hope that's clear now.

6 hours ago, Merkincher Clach & County said:

Now then!

Lee Wallace found