The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Just now, tree house tam said:

My contact on the board tells me Cosgrove will leave this window, McKenna wants to leave this window, Hoban wants in in this window and Mcinnes will continue with the tried and tested square pegs in round holes strategy for the forthcoming season.

What about McLennan, Wright and Anderson?

On 13/07/2020 at 11:01, Vancouver_Don said:

Cosgrove is away to England. We've received an improved offer from last week.

Talks are being held with his potential replacement. A signing that should please the fans.

When's this all getting announced? 

A **fit** Tommie Hoban would be amongst the best central defenders in Scotland and an asset to any team.

Unfortunately the word fit is the problem and the if he was he wouldn't be anywhere near Scottish football.

A "pay for play" deal until January is in both parties interests with an option to review matters in the weeks to come.

I wish him nothing but good wishes. He really has had a horrific time with injuries

37 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:

A "pay for play" deal until January is in both parties interests with an option to review matters in the weeks to come.

Why is that sort of deal in Hoban's interest? It's quite clearly not and he's not going to accept anything other than a fixed contract. I don't know why people seem to think these sort of contracts exist, they simply don't! You can heavily caveat it with appearance bonuses, but you'll still be paying him a basic wage which I'd imagine will be more than most teams average. 

A one year contract on less than £1k/week and a bonus for starting XI, bench and win bonus. That sort of deal plus the club having an option to extend the deal by one year on 'first team player' wages seems like a fair deal for everyone

12 minutes ago, Widge said:

Why is that sort of deal in Hoban's interest? It's quite clearly not and he's not going to accept anything other than a fixed contract. I don't know why people seem to think these sort of contracts exist, they simply don't! You can heavily caveat it with appearance bonuses, but you'll still be paying him a basic wage which I'd imagine will be more than most teams average. 

In Hoban's interest as gives him the opportunity to prove he can stay fit and perform on a regular basis thereby giving him the opportunity to put himself in the shop window with the option to potentially walk away in January and into a more lucrative contract elsewhere

6 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:

In Hoban's interest as gives him the opportunity to prove he can stay fit and perform on a regular basis thereby giving him the opportunity to put himself in the shop window with the option to potentially walk away in January and into a more lucrative contract elsewhere

What's the difference between that and a 6 month fixed contract? The guys injury prone and he knows it, there's little or no chance he signs a temporary or non-fixed deal which could leave him out of work for a considerable amount of time. 

1 hour ago, Widge said:

I don't know why people seem to think these sort of contracts exist, they simply don't! You can heavily caveat it with appearance bonuses, but you'll still be paying him a basic wage which I'd imagine will be more than most teams average. 

They certainly exist in England and are even covered under English & Welsh law

Never said he didn't get paid anything at all if he didn't play. The principle of a "pay for play" contract is that a minimal amount is paid as a basic.

For the advantages to both parties, click on this 

https://www.inbrief.co.uk/football-law/pay-as-you-play/

1 hour ago, Widge said:

What's the difference between that and a 6 month fixed contract? The guys injury prone and he knows it, there's little or no chance he signs a temporary or non-fixed deal which could leave him out of work for a considerable amount of time. 

We've been good enough to offer him the facilities to get his career back on track that nobody else offered. He really wants to come back here and nobody else appears to be knocking his door down during the pandemic.

7 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

We've been good enough to offer him the facilities to get his career back on track that nobody else offered. He really wants to come back here and nobody else appears to be knocking his door down during the pandemic.

This part is key, it's not as if this is cost neutral.  Short-term contract with low basic wage & add-ons for appearances etc.  If he can prove that he can remain fit, then offer a more substantial contract to protect the club's investment.

3 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

This part is key, it's not as if this is cost neutral.  Short-term contract with low basic wage & add-ons for appearances etc.  If he can prove that he can remain fit, then offer a more substantial contract to protect the club's investment.

Can deliver the whale suppers at the weekend with just eat for extra dosh.