The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

50 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Depends if the manager is going to let him do that though.

Suppose, don't remember us playing too much hoofball with Rooney up front, more direct play up the wings. Hopefully McInnes will adjust his approach to suit Anderson's game more. 

Curious to see how people would react to Hoban signing on permanently. 

Very good defender, and if his luck changed would be a great signing for us.

Given we’re told it’s one in one out right now, would this be to replace McKenna?

Stating the obvious, but just comes with huge risk given his injury record - and any deal would need to be based on appearances.

11 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Very good defender, and if his luck changed would be a great signing for us.

Given we’re told it’s one in one out right now, would this be to replace McKenna?

Stating the obvious, but just comes with huge risk given his injury record - and any deal would need to be based on appearances.

It comes as no surprise if/when we sign him. I believe he's actually the replacement for Devlin who looks set to be out for a prolonged period of time.

A very talented player that we no doubt are hoping can remain injury free.

1 hour ago, Vancouver_Don said:

Seemed very composed and his distribution was excellent, as far as I remember. I think he would definitely improve us. Would just have to weigh up his injury record against the one in one out policy. 

25 minutes ago, Vancouver_Don said:

It comes as no surprise if/when we sign him. I believe he's actually the replacement for Devlin who looks set to be out for a prolonged period of time.

A very talented player that we no doubt are hoping can remain injury free.

Hoban looked a very composed and intelligent defender during his initial spell. 

10 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

When are McLennan, Wright and Anderson leaving on loan? 

I know you're quizzing the Canadian perhaps tongue-in-cheek but certainly McLennan and Anderson shouldn't be going anywhere.

I'm less concerned about Wright although he has shown himself useful in the past. 

2 hours ago, Vancouver_Don said:

Given we are going with a smaller squad this season not sure we should be taking a risk on using a squad place on a player with his injury history. 

45 minutes ago, Jute said:

Given we are going with a smaller squad this season not sure we should be taking a risk on using a squad place on a player with his injury history. 

Surely he'll just be happy to sign for a low wage or pay as play to prove himself.

Problem is even on a low wage with a decent appearance fee it could mean we don't recruit another defender and if (when) he gets injured when the transfer window is closed we're left short. If he's in the squad it has to be as a "bonus" player. If McKenna leaves we would still need a more reliable centre back brought in as Devlin is another we can't rely on to be fit. 

It's a bit risky but I'd like to see Hoban sign. He's clearly an excellent player and is confident with the ball, I can only see it happening if McKenna leaves though.

I'm also looking forward to seeing Anderson get more game time and see how he adapts to sometimes having to play up top on his own. 

Signing a 26yo with 20 appearances in the last 4 years (none in the last 18 months), and a string of serious injuries, sounds like an absolutely stupid move.

25 matches since 2014/15 season which have all been in two of the seasons eg he's missed 3 whole seasons out of the last five.

Great effort to still be getting a contract as a professional footballer