The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

My concern about playing Anderson wouldn't be his ability (although I didn't think he made the most of his admittedly limited opportunities last season), but that he is such a different type of striker to Cosgrove and Main that he won't fit the style that McInnes usually favours, especially against a team like Rangers. 

Edited by DrewDon

4 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

My concern about playing Anderson wouldn't be his ability (although I didn't think he made the most of his admittedly limited opportunities last season), but that he is such a different type of striker to Cosgrove and Main that he won't fit the style that McInnes usually favours, especially against a team like Rangers. 

Could work to our advantage if McInnes sets us up to sit in & counter on the break. Anderson brings a bit of pace & so does Hayes. 

2 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

Could work to our advantage if McInnes sets us up to sit in & counter on the break. Anderson brings a bit of pace & so does Hayes. 

Perhaps, but I'd be worried about him being dominated physically. Also puts more emphasis on our defenders having to play out from the back rather than immediately hit the striker, which isn't a bad thing in itself but I'd be concerned that, while all our defenders have their strengths, good distribution isn't always one of them. 

7 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Perhaps, but I'd be worried about him being dominated physically. Also puts more emphasis on our defenders having to play out from the back rather than immediately hit the striker, which isn't a bad thing in itself but I'd be concerned that, while all our defenders have their strengths, good distribution isn't always one of them. 

I see your point, I wouldn't fancy Anderson's chances holding off defenders & holding up play. However, if Ojo is able to offer himself as an easy outball, it could help with the distribution issue possibly. 

On 23/07/2020 at 15:16, kingjoey said:

This guy is using the same schpiel as the guy at the weekend, was it Bogbrush or something. Big bad Aberdeen forcing their gullible fans to give them money.

Aye, we Aberdonians are renowned for throwing our money away...

On 23/07/2020 at 21:51, A96 said:

So how do you know Rob McLean and Derek Rae are both on at least 30K ? .....and is that per annum or monthly or per game or what ?

Lead commentator per win over Celtic

6 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

Red card for Anderson after he reacts to constantly getting kicked to f**k by the gun, no protection from the ref and too inexperienced to handle it well.

Seems unlikely. I'm hard pushed to think of any recent examples of something like that happening. 

36 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

Seems unlikely. I'm hard pushed to think of any recent examples of something like that happening. 

3-0 defeat at Ibrox round about the time they were trying to get McInnes as their manager.  Andrew Dallas allowed the  Hvns to commit a multitude of cynical, dangerous fouls ,  without booking them.  But applied different standards to our players for minor offences.  Christie got two yellows and was sent off.

36 minutes ago, A96 said:

3-0 defeat at Ibrox round about the time they were trying to get McInnes as their manager.  Andrew Dallas allowed the  Hvns to commit a multitude of cynical, dangerous fouls ,  without booking them.  But applied different standards to our players for minor offences.  Christie got two yellows and was sent off.

Sorry A96, I really need to remember that you can't convey tone on a forum! I wasn't disagreeing with Raider. Could probably add Stockley's debut versus Celtic to that list also. 

Edit: Cosgrove not Stockley FFS. 

Edited by Golden Gordon
Memory issues

2 hours ago, Golden Gordon said:

I see your point, I wouldn't fancy Anderson's chances holding off defenders & holding up play. However, if Ojo is able to offer himself as an easy outball, it could help with the distribution issue possibly. 

Depends if the manager is going to let him do that though.