The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

10 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

Yes, but that's only because the club accepted a low-ball offer for Cosgrove, so; in order that the benighted masses like you & I  continue to pump money into the club & don't turn up at Pittodrie with flaming torches & pitchforks, rumours have been circulated that we will be purchasing an international striker.  You forgot that bit.

No arguments there.

2 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

Just watching the Ronald Hernandez interview. Interesting point for me, is that Hayes is clearly playing at left back in the training match shown.

Doesn't tell us too much at this point. Given it was an inter-squad game we needed 4 centre backs and only have McKenna, Taylor & Considine fit as senior players so Considine was needed there. Assume Hayes and McKenzie were the two left backs. 

I'd expect to see Considine at left back against Rangers with McKenna and Taylor at centre back. Against teams where we might spend most of the game on the attack we might see Hayes line up at left back. 

6 minutes ago, d31 said:

I think he'll be left back a lot but i'd be surprised if it wasn't Considine there in the first game with Hayes in front.

Agreed.  During his Sportsound appearance, McInnes was talking Hayes up as a dynamic & exciting player, who still had pace, so I could see him starting on the wing, as opposed to LB.  Can't see McInnes taking the 'risk' of starting Hayes at LB versus Rangers*.

I was assuming if we sell McKenna we would attempt to find a free (possibly absolutely free eg loan with no contribution) centre half and sign Leigh as his actual wage replacement.

As it looks like Cosgrove will overtake McKenna heading out the door maybe wonder if we might see Leigh while McKenna is still here.

7 minutes ago, d31 said:

I was assuming if we sell McKenna we would attempt to find a free (possibly absolutely free eg loan with no contribution) centre half and sign Leigh as his actual wage replacement.

As it looks like Cosgrove will overtake McKenna heading out the door maybe wonder if we might see Leigh while McKenna is still here.

If it's going to be one in and one out as McInnes has said then surely we replace Cosgrove with a striker?

I'm obviously looking in to it too much but we've also kept number 3 clear.

15 hours ago, strichener said:

What is this load of nonsense and how does it relate to my post?

You quite clearly aren't buying a season ticket for "your" club.  Yet you think that attending 700 games gives you a right to criticise others.

The reason for the continued use of "your" is that I think you have a brass neck claiming that you are a supporter of the club when you and not simply being unsupportive but actually critical of the club trying to get income to survive this crisis.  I bet you are one of those that think it should be the faceless suits that inject the funds in so that you can go to another X amount of games.

"Your" club needs you at this time of need and you are nowhere to be seen.

"You quite clearly" understand my pathetic motivations better than even I

"I bet" you're one of those true Indianapolis Colts (or whatever the crash helmet represents) uncritical fans who back their clubs through thick and thin, right and wrong. I'm just not at your superfan level. I scurry away to the sewers once things get tough.

I thought all suits were faceless?

13 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

If it's going to be one in and one out as McInnes has said then surely we replace Cosgrove with a striker?

I'm obviously looking in to it too much but we've also kept number 3 clear.

We will MR, we'll replace him with an "international striker" that we'll all be happy about as was reported with great glee here from our man in Canada

Reading between the lines on Mcinnes' Sportsound appearance, and probably being completely wrong, but I didn't get the impression Mcinnes saw losing Cosgrove as the worst thing in the world.

Also enjoyed his little dig about him sending his brother Tam Cosgrove back in January :lol:

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

Reading between the lines on Mcinnes' Sportsound appearance, and probably being completely wrong, but I didn't get the impression Mcinnes saw losing Cosgrove as the worst thing in the world.

Also enjoyed his little dig about him sending his brother Tam Cosgrove back in January :lol:

Yes, quite enjoyed it when they were discussing the possibility of an SPFL executive decision-maker & McInnes stated that they would have to live in a bunker, as a result of making decisions that might be unpopular to particular clubs.  English asked him which clubs they might be & McInnes came back with 'the same ones you're thinking of Tom'. 

7 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Cosgrove is a strange one. You can't argue with his goal return, but we looked a better team when he was dropped for Main. 

18 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

He looked to be getting pretty fucked off with him for the last month or so of the season.

13 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

Yes, quite enjoyed it when they were discussing the possibility of an SPFL executive decision-maker & McInnes stated that they would have to live in a bunker, as a result of making decisions that might be unpopular to particular clubs.  English asked him which clubs they might be & McInnes came back with 'the same ones you're thinking of Tom'. 

american gangster GIF

6 minutes ago, Dandiest Don said:

Cosgrove is a strange one. You can't argue with his goal return, but we looked a better team when he was dropped for Main. 

I think Main is the more intelligent of the two. Doesn't have the knack to score goals though.

13 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

He looked to be getting pretty fucked off with him for the last month or so of the season.

american gangster GIF

I think Main is the more intelligent of the two. Doesn't have the knack to score goals though.

Everyone else gets a measured response & I get a GIF, not happy with that.

18 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

american gangster GIF

Definitely.  Kennedy looked much better with Main running about creating space.