The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

If he did come back to Scotland then I'd rather it's with Aberdeen than anyone else outwith ourselves. However I think it's another wrong move for him as he went south too early and, with hindsight, to the wrong club. He'll now be returning too soon, even if it's just on loan. He needs to stay in England and go on loan there if Wednesday aren't going to play him otherwise he risks becoming just another Jock from the pub league that couldn't hack it with the big boys.

Who the f**k is Stevie...oh.

I think some Dons fans will feel rather silly if he does sign.

No we've been through this. We felt silly about 65 minutes in at "oh THAT Stevie May" semi-final. We did the hurray, boo game after 20 minutes, never has a support invited disaster more. Silly was one of the emotions, but not the only one :) that day.

Happy to see him up at Pittodrie.

Who the f**k is Stevie May?

In all seriousness, it'd be a fantastic signing for us on loan, and surely finish off Goodwillie's prospects of playing again (battering bouncers at Inny on a Tuesday night seems all he's destined to achieve in Aberdeen). May was a weird player, would drift through games doing absolutely nothing then explode into life and do something special. Would have been an ideal replacement for Rooney on Sunday where Goodwillie was totally ineffectual.

Hopefully we can sort this deal, it'd certainly be a good statement of intent. Could do with sorting out a new keeper, and if the budget stretches far enough, someone capable of sitting beside Jack or Flood, with a creative and positive edge to their game.

I was never convinced by May.

I can't remember which game it was, but one at Pittodrie last season I spent quite a bit of the match watching him after hearing the hype he was getting and he looked awful that day. He looked disinterested, didn't get himself into good positions, couldn't hold onto the ball on the rare occasion he did get onto it.

On the other hand he scored a lot of goals and did look good in the semi.

There must be something about him for him to warrant the adoration lent to him by St Johnstone fans. I would happily be proven wrong if he comes to Aberdeen and is a success.

Wouldn't have him over Rooney and wouldn't really want to alter our system to accommodate him in the starting 11. Rooney as main striker and Goodwillie and Shankland as back up will be fine for next season.

We should focus our efforts on getting a goalkeeper, a midfielder and a back up defender.

Are Dons fans forgetting that Rooney was struggling to score for the likes of Swindon and Oldham before he signed :lol:? Sheffield Wednesday are dreadful in terms of creativity and even their top scorer only has 1 more goal than Stevie in the league.

What has that got to do with anything?

Loving how precious the saints fans are getting over May here :lol:

Always the same, the slightest bit of criticism/realism towards May has most of them jumping up and down.

Of course it's all Wednesday's fault he's had a fairly poor season as well. :rolleyes:

Hes not had a poor season though, in relative terms hes done well compared to how the likes of Russell done in their first year down there. Hes obviously not able to dominate as physically down there, which means he has to rely on his technical side, which was never the best. The amount of hype around him put expectations higher than they probably should have been.

Not doubting May's Ability but I don't really see the point in sacrificing the leagues top scorer. I think his wages would be better used on a goalkeeper and a midfielder.

Well that just isn't true.

Hes got a better strike rate (goals per game) in all three divisions they both played in (Premiership, Championship here and in England)