The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

12 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Apparently Peterhead currently only have 10 fit players at the moment and no goalkeeper 

Bit of a minter if we don’t start the season by dishing out a hiding 

Apparently they are taking Ritchie as keeper for this season. Although obviously not a solution for this weekend

33 minutes ago, d31 said:

Apparently they are taking Ritchie as keeper for this season. Although obviously not a solution for this weekend

At least he'll not have Simon Ferry inflicted upon him this season.

52 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Gone very quiet on the signings front after the flurry of two weeks ago.

Probably still about 4-5 short of where we need to be (& maybe more if/when Ramirez & Ferguson are sold?)

I wonder if we are focusing more on Uk & ROI players now 

Visa / Brexit stuff seems like a complete pain in the arse 

Lots of work to do to the squad this month but we have the players to absolutely walk our LC section

No excuses there, four convincing wins 

3 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Lots of work to do to the squad this month but we have the players to absolutely walk our LC section

Aye, but you want new players to be in training with the team for a while before the league starts in an ideal world.

Light at centre forward in particular as it doesn’t look like the Home Office are going to deal with Miovski any time soon.

1 hour ago, Frank Grimes said:

I dont think taking 2-3 weeks to get a player in is a reason not to sign the best available player to us.

Ramadani is expected to be in this week but Miovski likely two weeks further on.

20 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Apparently Peterhead currently only have 10 fit players at the moment and no goalkeeper 

Bit of a minter if we don’t start the season by dishing out a hiding 

1 hour ago, Frank Grimes said:

What’s this game you’re playing, have you got money on us to go out? 

2 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Gone very quiet on the signings front after the flurry of two weeks ago.

Probably still about 4-5 short of where we need to be (& maybe more if/when Ramirez & Ferguson are sold?)

Tbf I've not had to update the transfer thread for, at least, a couple of days. Seems like the calm before the storm across the entire division just now.

1 hour ago, d31 said:

I dont think taking 2-3 weeks to get a player in is a reason not to sign the best available player to us.

Ramadani is expected to be in this week but Miovski likely two weeks further on.

Indeed but I wonder if the strategy was to get the European targets over the line and then turn our attention closer to home 

I could be way off tbf, I’m just speculating 

To my knowledge the Norwegian fella is the only European target we missed out on but I’m sure there are several we don’t know about 

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

What’s this game you’re playing, have you got money on us to go out? 

Pre-season confidence 

Watch me seethe when we toil early doors 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf I've not had to update the transfer thread for, at least, a couple of days. Seems like the calm before the storm across the entire division just now.

Did we ever get the Miovski graphs?

I believe you blamed your young child for not providing it previously.

Just now, Merkland Red said:

Did we ever get the Miovski graphs?

I believe you blamed your young child for not providing it previously.

I think I put it up before?

This was it, FWIW.

bojan.thumb.png.4ea2ae9205949fc7dc44b94aba823883.png

Isn’t it the case though that other clubs, specifically bigger English clubs, don’t seem to be experiencing the same timescale issues when signing players from the EU that we are having?

The simple returning of a passport should not take 2 weeks, if a VISA has been provided.

7 minutes ago, Afc69 said:

Isn’t it the case though that other clubs, specifically bigger English clubs, don’t seem to be experiencing the same timescale issues when signing players from the EU that we are having?

The simple returning of a passport should not take 2 weeks, if a VISA has been provided.

North Macedonia and Albania aren't in the EU. Not sure if that makes it easier or more difficult tbh. English clubs might be having similar issues but because their seasons start so much later than ours it isn't as noticeable yet?

17 minutes ago, Afc69 said:

It's incredibly likely your foreign signings have had to go to an appeal (which will be 100% approved, before you panic), whereas players moving to the EPL will be approved straight off the bat.

13 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's incredibly likely your foreign signings have had to go to an appeal (which will be 100% approved, before you panic), whereas players moving to the EPL will be approved straight off the bat.

Or knocked back early and not worth an appeal.

If it's anything like the rest of the immigration system at the minute pretty much all fast track and in person services are closed and turnaround times are way higher than they used to be