The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

50 minutes ago, logie skid boys said:

Can’t forget McCrorie  was our player the year and on the whole been our most consistent player last couple years . Think it’s going be hard leave him out. And can see him being ahead Richardson for right back .  Ronan quality type signing will keep him away from that midfield area I hope .    .  .One thing is if they all battled like McCrorie last season we wouldn’t have finished where we did . Manager got lot think about but that’s what you want competition. Let the signings come .

I don’t think we’ll spend £300k on a right back to leave him on the bench, IMO.

Aye I’m not seeing this idea that mccrorie is getting shoe horned into RB ahead of a new signing that we paid a fee for. 

Goodwin made a big play on how big a fan of mccrorie he is and that he sees him as a midfielder. 

I fully expect him to be a midfield regular. 

11 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

I don’t think we’ll spend £300k on a right back to leave him on the bench, IMO.

Aye  it’s  investment on  potential ,I don’t see him as def first pick straight away .  Time will tell ..  Aye he may get of to a flyer in these league cup games   But  regardless it’s welcome competition that was  needed rather than Jack Gurr types . That’s what we need around the pitch . 

24 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Aye I’m not seeing this idea that mccrorie is getting shoe horned into RB ahead of a new signing that we paid a fee for. 

Goodwin made a big play on how big a fan of mccrorie he is and that he sees him as a midfielder. 

I fully expect him to be a midfield regular. 

Well it’s  hardly shoe horned in as he’s played really well there .

Good thing is McCrories versatility be vital for us for season ahead .

I'm not sure why folk are wanting mcrorie in at right back. His best position is centre mid where his leadership and battling qualities are needed most. He'll probably play as part of a 2 with Ramadani most games and even as one of the 3 in others. 

He's good to cover as right back but we shouldn't be looking to use him there primarily.

2 minutes ago, GTG_03 said:

I'm not sure why folk are wanting mcrorie in at right back. His best position is centre mid where his leadership and battling qualities are needed most. He'll probably play as part of a 2 with Ramadani most games and even as one of the 3 in others. 

He's good to cover as right back but we shouldn't be looking to use him there primarily.

I think it’s just me that’ wants him competing at right back and centre back 😉.  

Count me as another who doesn't really see where McCrorie fits.

Barron was always played as the deeper midfielder (not the more advanced mid, despite what some folk here have in their lineups), and is much better on the ball imo. Would rather have Richardson at RB if he is similar in style to Ramsay. For me, Barron, Ferguson/Ramadani + a creative AM would take up the 3 places in midfield ahead of McCrorie. 

He has very good but also bad days in CM, some days he battles and wins every ball and bursts forward to start attacks; but some days he just huffs and puffs and makes bad decisions and fouls, and doesn't influence the game for the good despite giving 100%.

He doesn't have all the box-to-box qualities or attacking attributes, is not a playmaker, or a deeper-lying distributor. Like someone mentioned, he's a bit of a Dom Ball type (but without the oafishness). Lots of effort and battling, I like him, but is that enough to be in the starting 11 every week?

I like the energy/chaos factor McCrorie adds to midfield. He's not a classy player but just kicking it forward and running past the opposing midfield creates space which the better players should be able to exploit.  He also looks better defensively from midfield chasing folk back rather than being beaten at centre half to allow a striker an easy chance.

Don't know where Goodwin sees Ramadani playing, going off Transfermarkt it suggests he was in a holding role the first half of last season and a more advanced one towards the end.

19 minutes ago, HunterAFC said:

I like the energy/chaos factor McCrorie adds to midfield. He's not a classy player but just kicking it forward and running past the opposing midfield creates space which the better players should be able to exploit.  He also looks better defensively from midfield chasing folk back rather than being beaten at centre half to allow a striker an easy chance.

Don't know where Goodwin sees Ramadani playing, going off Transfermarkt it suggests he was in a holding role the first half of last season and a more advanced one towards the end.

Ramadani looks like a Ferguson replacement to me, at least in video clips but it's hard to say.