The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Guest ApathyAFC

I think Ramadani's brexshit paperwork & red tape was completed in just 14 days so hopefully Bojan's will be completed by next thu.

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I imagine that Jim Goodwin sees him as a midfield player. I thought that he did a decent job at centre back most of the time last season, and he can definitely play right back.  I remember that he changed the game against Celtic when they were up 2-0 and coasting at half time, and McCrorie came out in the second half at right back and was fantastic. But with Ferguson going to be gone before the end of the transfer window, McCrorie will almost certainly be a first pick in midfield.

I’d hope a newly signed midfielder would play ahead of McCrorie in there in anticipation of Ferguson’s departure 

2 minutes ago, starryfish said:

I’d hope a newly signed midfielder would play ahead of McCrorie in there in anticipation of Ferguson’s departure 

Surely you’d want him to play alongside mccrorie in anticipation of fergusons departure? 

I would expect the first choice centre midfield (presuming Ferguson is away) to be Ramadani and McCrorie with Barron in front. Unless we sign another Connor, in which case Barron will become the replacement for any of the 3 should they be injured, suspended or suffer a loss of form.

24 minutes ago, starryfish said:

I assume Ross McCrorie has upset you in some way away from football?

38 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Surely you’d want him to play alongside mccrorie in anticipation of fergusons departure? 

I don’t want McCrorie in midfield. Think my preference would be Barron, Ramadani and a n other. McCrorie isn’t good enough to be an Aberdeen midfielder.

16 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I assume Ross McCrorie has upset you in some way away from football?

Haha not at all, I just don’t rate him as a midfielder, suffice to say Goodwin doesn’t fancy him as a defender so it’s midfield or nothing. Don’t feel he’s good enough with the ball to play in midfield.

Just now, starryfish said:

Haha not at all, I just don’t rate him as a midfielder, suffice to say Goodwin doesn’t fancy him as a defender so it’s midfield or nothing. Don’t feel he’s good enough with the ball to play in midfield.

It’s all about opinions.

2 hours ago, starryfish said:

I agree with you to an extent in that I think McCrorie isn’t capable of providing much creativity in midfield.  However , he could , in my view , still perform a vital role as a defensive midfielder.  I reckon he’s similar to Mark Kerr , who performed that role (which for the most part was stopping the opposition from playing) pretty well in his first season with us. So much so , in fact , that the following season he was given the captaincy.  

Kerr’s problem was that after his first season we lost the more creative players and too many fans seemed to expect too much of him.  And then gave him dogs abuse for him being unable to perform a role beyond his capability., in a struggling team.

3 hours ago, Illgresi said:

I would expect the first choice centre midfield (presuming Ferguson is away) to be Ramadani and McCrorie with Barron in front. Unless we sign another Connor, in which case Barron will become the replacement for any of the 3 should they be injured, suspended or suffer a loss of form.

Oh so negative...

3 hours ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:
6 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

What's the general consensus of this kid? I'm hoping for a left footer with a bit of pace

I've not seen too much of him but he's been highly rated for years.

Hopefully does the business for you 👍🏻

8 hours ago, starryfish said:

I don’t want McCrorie in midfield. Think my preference would be Barron, Ramadani and a n other. McCrorie isn’t good enough to be an Aberdeen midfielder.

Have to agree with this unfortunately.

1 hour ago, big al said:

Have to agree with this unfortunately.

Even more so if Lewis Ferguson isn’t sold.

Gone very quiet on that front.

On the right of a back 3 would be his best position IMO, but JG has publicly said we’ll play a back 4 this season, in a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1.

A 4-3-3: if Ferguson is sold 

Lewis

Richardson Stewart Scales new signing.  
                           Ramadani.         
             New signing.         Barron.     
        Besuijen.   Miovski.  new signing 

Who does McCrorie get in ahead of, assuming the new signing in midfield is of a decent quality? 

29 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

On the right of a back 3 would be his best position IMO, but JG has publicly said we’ll play a back 4 this season, in a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1.

Lewis

Ramadani.         

Who does McCrorie get in ahead of, assuming the new signing in midfield is of a decent quality? 

If there is Ronan or an equivalent level player he slots in to that position.

I wonder if we'll favour another big signing up front, and a lesser signing for that wing position? Just strikes me that we might want as much firepower as we can get, and Miovski plus a host of others can pick up minutes out wide.

I'd also wonder if it's more likely another left sided CB and Scales picks up some minutes at left back?

Lewis

Richardson Stewart ?Dunne? Scales

?Ronan? Barron Ramadani

Besuijen ?BigSigning? Miovski

A young EPL winger on loan on bench

A young EPL striker on loan on bench

all that probably allows you to

sell Ferguson ~ £2.5M

sell Ramirez ~ $100k

loan out McLennan, Ngwenya and various others

possibly even get shot of Watkins

5 hours ago, d31 said:

If there is Ronan or an equivalent level player he slots in to that position.

I wonder if we'll favour another big signing up front, and a lesser signing for that wing position? Just strikes me that we might want as much firepower as we can get, and Miovski plus a host of others can pick up minutes out wide.

I'd also wonder if it's more likely another left sided CB and Scales picks up some minutes at left back?

Lewis

Richardson Stewart ?Dunne? Scales

?Ronan? Barron Ramadani

Besuijen ?BigSigning? Miovski

A young EPL winger on loan on bench

A young EPL striker on loan on bench

all that probably allows you to

sell Ferguson ~ £2.5M

sell Ramirez ~ $100k

loan out McLennan, Ngwenya and various others

possibly even get shot of Watkins

I know he gets injured a lot but he's a great player. I'd definitely be keeping him, he'll be one of the front 3 with miovski.

13 hours ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:
16 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

What's the general consensus of this kid? I'm hoping for a left footer with a bit of pace

Let's keep this sectarian chat off our thread, please.

7 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Lewis

Ramadani.         

Can’t forget McCrorie  was our player the year and on the whole been our most consistent player last couple years . Think it’s going be hard leave him out. And can see him being ahead Richardson for right back .  Ronan quality type signing will keep him away from that midfield area I hope .    .  .One thing is if they all battled like McCrorie last season we wouldn’t have finished where we did . Manager got lot think about but that’s what you want competition. Let the signings come .

Edited by logie skid boys