The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

24 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

I was wondering if Goodwin was planning on giving the armband to Anthony Stewart 

I'm wondering that too. Goodwin's first game or yesterday were the most obvious games to transition it on to McCrorie so one would guess we are not going to do that.

1 hour ago, d31 said:

I'm wondering that too. Goodwin's first game or yesterday were the most obvious games to transition it on to McCrorie so one would guess we are not going to do that.

Pretty sure that McCrorie will be our captain in the season coming up.

3 hours ago, Baldie1980 said:
3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:
We happily walked away on a deal for him less than 24 hours ago and within 8 hours he and his representatives came back to the club.
So whatever he's on, it's not going to be anything like his Aberdeen wage.

think you will find Robinson begged the board to get him signed,been reported he had a load of choices,so u will be paying him big bucks I'm afraid

We'll be a paying a sizeable wage, but the only reason he's with us is because he dropped his wage demands. Happily, nowhere near the amount that you lot were paying him. Your significant pay off of his contract was extremely beneficial to us.

Whether or not he's a good signing or not remains to be seen.

27 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Why wasn’t he captain yesterday then? 

I have a hunch it might be Anthony Stewart. 

Don’t know, but I would imagine that if there is to be a change in captaincy, Aberdeen would make some sort of official announcement to that effect. We’ll all find out shortly. You could be right.

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

We'll be a paying a sizeable wage, but the only reason he's with us is because he dropped his wage demands. Happily, nowhere near the amount that you lot were paying him. Your significant pay off of his contract was extremely beneficial to us.

Whether or not he's a good signing or not remains to be seen.

I tend to think that it was St Mirren that came crawling back to Gallagher rather than the other way round. So I would imagine that you have either increased your wage offer and/or length of contract. How much was our “significant pay off of his contract”?

I tend to think that it was St Mirren that came crawling back to Gallagher rather than the other way round. So I would imagine that you have either increased your wage offer and/or length of contract. How much was our “significant pay off of his contract”?
yep Robinson begged the st mirren board to pull out all the stops to sign him [emoji51]

I will definitely be in the minority, but I do have a degree of sympathy for Gallagher. It looked to me, last season, whilst none of our centre-backs were anything approaching good, that he was probably the one who could perhaps at least do the fundamentals to a reasonable standard. He would have been afforded more protection in a McInnes team, either from midfield or full-back, but he just didn't fit into what Glass was wanting to do - to be honest, I was surprised Glass didn't partner him with McCrorie or Bates for a longer period of time as they both seemed like players who would benefit from having a no-frills defender beside them at centre-back, and Gallagher was probably the closest thing we had to a 'natural' Considine replacement in that role after he got injured. 

I don't think he's great from what I saw from him, but it wouldn't surprise me if he went on to do well enough at St Mirren if they can set up to play to his strengths. 

39 minutes ago, Munoz said:

With the payoff Gallagher secured from Aberdeen, they are effectively paying at least half his wages for us.

Decent. 

I understand that to get Gallagher, St Mirren had to fund the wages pay off, as well as his sign-on fee and his new 2 year deal wages. Hope he’s worth it.

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

I understand that to get Gallagher, St Mirren had to fund the wages pay off, as well as his sign-on fee and his new 2 year deal wages. Hope he’s worth it.

I understand the above comment is highly unbelievable.