The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

3 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Aye, Joe Lewis 2016-2020, we’re golden.

Joe Lewis 2020-2022, we’re in bother. 

One main issue that people seem to forget is that in the last 2 year we haven't had a proper settled defence.  hopefully the moves we've made will see that which then takes a lot of pressure off of Joe, wouldn't be against changing the captaincy either.

1 minute ago, minijc said:

One main issue that people seem to forget is that in the last 2 year we haven't had a proper settled defence.  hopefully the moves we've made will see that which then takes a lot of pressure off of Joe, wouldn't be against changing the captaincy either.

Perhaps.

Time will tell. 

Was thinking about this particular conundrum with a friend of mine earlier…..

Who was the last decent/quality (based on performance for the Dons) central defender we bought as opposed to “brought through the ranks”?

Hoban was good IMO.

Before that, probably Reynolds.

I would say that under McInnes we usually had a solid unit without any real standout performers in defence.

1 hour ago, lubo_blaha said:

Hoban was good IMO.

Before that, probably Reynolds.

I would say that under McInnes we usually had a solid unit without any real standout performers in defence.

Controversial but ash taylor was underrated. A very solid centre half in this league. 

2 hours ago, Raidernation said:

Was thinking about this particular conundrum with a friend of mine earlier…..

Who was the last decent/quality (based on performance for the Dons) central defender we bought as opposed to “brought through the ranks”?

Big Taitzo.

1 hour ago, logie skid boys said:

Well hope see the new signings at Brechin game  But impressed with Hancock who started second half today . He’s relentless . First time I’ve seen him . 

Was he playing right back? he's a left footed centre back

I still can't believe, as much as I liked Goodwin, that you appointed him as your manager.

Doesn't look look good, if you're signing a diddy 'keeper from Derby, as opposed to paying a fee a fantastic 'keeper in Hladky.

1 hour ago, logie skid boys said:

Well hope see the new signings at Brechin game  But impressed with Hancock who started second half today . He’s relentless . First time I’ve seen him . 

618EdHancock_Tony-Hancock-publicity-shot-224x300.jpg

Controversial but ash taylor was underrated. A very solid centre half in this league. 

I almost said him as well. Strong as f**k and no one better in the air. Struggled against tricky forwards and was prone to a clanger but we’ve certainly had a lot worse.

21 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I still can't believe, as much as I liked Goodwin, that you appointed him as your manager.

Doesn't look look good, if you're signing a diddy 'keeper from Derby, as opposed to paying a fee a fantastic 'keeper in Hladky.

First paragraph: Why?

Second paragraph: 100% agree.
Who knows what Ipswich were up to though in the negotiating though. 

56 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I'm sure Derby fans would class Hladky as a diddy keeper from Ipswich.

9 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

First paragraph: Why?

Second paragraph: 100% agree.
Who knows what Ipswich were up to though in the negotiating though. 

Maybe Ipswich weren't up to anything. He has offers from teams in his home country aswell and maybe fancies going back? I suspect we made a big play for him and he either wanted too much in terms of wages or he made it clear he wanted to go back home  

Roos for me is a decent enough signing. He's better than Woods without a doubt so will be better competition for Joe. Hopefully we'll now put the money towards Ronan and go after Reuven Niemeijer to solve our creative problem. Keep in line with the Dutch Dons.