The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

7 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

We have never had a world cup in the middle of a season and it seemed strange that we are restarting it before the end of the tournament. 

The whole scenario is strange to be honest.  It wasn't who we were playing, it was the fact we were playing at all.

I sort of see your point but, chances are, no team in the Scottish Premiership is going to have players involved in the World Cup Final so get the league started as soon as possible. 

8 hours ago, Raidernation said:

Christmas Day 1971, birthday present, Brockville. 4-0 IIRC and Joey scored

Close, 3-0! Two goals from the goal machine. :)

https://afcheritage.org/matches/fixtures/mreport.cfm?fixture_id=3010&season=1971-72&squad=Senior

2 hours ago, logie skid boys said:

Aye the Raymond day remember it well . funny looking back to that song about Raymond .99 red balloons . Oh I did love Nena . 

I was was in contact with Raymond last year such great lad who helped raise bit money for a ex ASC lad and great trade union member ✊.who we sadly lost .

Your right The Fall we’re class 👍and we’re still banging even a decade ago . Never knew what you were going get with the legend .    Mark E Smith never be another like him. Mind bumping into him on princess street which was bizarre.  Didn’t know he moved there . Think he stayed in Edinburgh couple years 

Ah, would that be a Tillydrone based ex union member? I was friendly with another Tillydroner that passed six months before the Trade Unionist did.

Ah, so on Shift-Work there was a song called Edinburgh Man so he must've lived in Edinburgh around 1990?

24 minutes ago, Don exotic said:

Who are the best prospects from the academy this year? Ryan Duncan seems prominent in the clubs training video. Presumably Ngwenya is hoping for more playing time. Are there others who might break through?

Good shout that those two might be most prominent in pre season and maybe the others would be Hancock (CB), Towler (Full back), Hanratty (Attacking Mid), and Harvey (Striker)

3 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I sort of see your point but, chances are, no team in the Scottish Premiership is going to have players involved in the World Cup Final so get the league started as soon as possible. 

Don’t get me started on the fact league seasons are being interrupted for this corrupt, international shitshow in that god awful place. 

Guest ApathyAFC
38 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Don’t get me started on the fact league seasons are being interrupted for this corrupt, international shitshow in that god awful place. 

Tottaly it's a fucking joke! All to do with greed! And I won't be watching it.

39 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

A corrupt slaughterhouse. I won't be watching out of principal, personally.

3 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

I remember that day weĺl. The Dons didn't really dominate the game but Martin Buchan and co decided that the Bairns wouldn't get a sight of goal and, at the other end, their finishing was clinical. After the match Buchan, second only to the maestro, in my opinion as Aberdeen's greatest defender, could have folded away his shirt for the next match.

Also  witnessed a freak accident when a home supporter got his ring finger caught on the top of a chain link fence he had drunkenly decided to clamber over(?) and as he jumped/ fell down it took his finger clean off. We were gaping at his finger complete with ring still stuck on the top of the fence!

18 minutes ago, ham1sh68 said:

I remember that day weĺl. The Dons didn't really dominate the game but Martin Buchan and co decided that the Bairns wouldn't get a sight of goal and, at the other end, their finishing was clinical. After the match Buchan, second only to the maestro, in my opinion as Aberdeen's greatest defender, could have folded away his shirt for the next match.

Also  witnessed a freak accident when a home supporter got his ring finger caught on the top of a chain link fence he had drunkenly decided to clamber over(?) and as he jumped/ fell down it took his finger clean off. We were gaping at his finger complete with ring still stuck on the top of the fence!

Lost his ring finger ?.......oooft !!;...nae fine gettin an itchy erse efter that.

Guest ApathyAFC
28 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

You'll have to change your name to 'ApathyWorldCup' when we win the first ten games.

What you on about? But actually would like to ken how you change your name on here? 

49 minutes ago, ApathyAFC said:

What you on about? But actually would like to ken how you change your name on here? 

I believe you have to pay a subscription. 

You going for something more fitting? You seem more perma-raging than apathetic. 

1 hour ago, ham1sh68 said:

Also  witnessed a freak accident when a home supporter got his ring finger caught on the top of a chain link fence he had drunkenly decided to clamber over(?) and as he jumped/ fell down it took his finger clean off. We were gaping at his finger complete with ring still stuck on the top of the fence!

Happened in Rijeka aswell, I believe the boy got a flight home with the first team after getting medical attention at the ground. 

1 hour ago, ham1sh68 said:

I saw that happening to a ref in an Amateur game back in the 80s. He was checking the nets at the start of the game and noticed that one part wasn't attached to the hook on the crossbar , he jumped up and tried to flick the net over the hook , but only succeeded in getting the hook caught on the ring on his finger , again it ripped the finger clean off !