The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Not happy with that if true.

Doubt I'd be trusting the Mirror anyway.

No idea if this is true or not, but I never thought that we would get anywhere near the figures being quoted earlier in the week. Pie in the sky stuff.

Just now, kingjoey said:

No idea if this is true or not, but I never thought that we would get anywhere near the figures being quoted earlier in the week. Pie in the sky stuff.

Aye was thinking the same.  If it’s £4million up front with 2 million add ons that looks like  decent  deal me , add in Mckennas wee gift and that’s great amount cash coming in .    Hopefully this is confirmed soon and things  might start moving with incomings .Be glad the when Ramsay stuff is done and dusted .

7 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

The Times are saying it’s £4 million up front with £2.5 in add ins 

Good luck to him 

The £2.5m additions are important - how achievable are they?

Appearance based? 
Full International cap?

Also I hope we have a 25% sell on clause for ANY future fee, not just the profit of any future fee. 
Down there, if it doesn’t work out for him at Liverpool, someone like a Fulham or a Crystal Palace might sign him for £4-£5m in 18 months, meaning another £1m or thereabouts. 

2 minutes ago, big al said:

Hope Considine has a mare at the Saintees. Turned down a 1 year deal at 35 after a long term injury, which also included a pathway into coaching. 
Fool.

I don’t wish him any ill will, but I would think he’s regretting not agreeing the 12 months with us. If (I have my doubts) he was a regular & playing well, he’d have got his extra 12 months. 

1 minute ago, Thenorthernlight said:

The £2.5m additions are important - how achievable are they?

Appearance based? 
Full International cap?

Also I hope we have a 25% sell on clause for ANY future fee, not just the profit of any future fee. 
Down there, if it doesn’t work out for him at Liverpool, someone like a Fulham or a Crystal Palace might sign him for £4-£5m in 18 months, meaning another £1m or thereabouts. 

That sort add ons is what I would think will be part of the deal . Which like you say could be another good earner and well achievable.

24 minutes ago, logie skid boys said:

That sort add ons is what I would think will be part of the deal . Which like you say could be another good earner and well achievable.

The Scottish club’s director of football, Steven Gunn, and chairman, Dave Cormack, successfully negotiated upwards on Liverpool’s opening offer and also secured sensible add-ons which have a good chance of being realised.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/liverpool-to-make-calvin-ramsay-their-final-summer-signing-fssqqdptn

22 minutes ago, Richie said:

That's a decent bit of business to be fair.
Initial £4.5m, potentially rising to £7.5, plus 20% sell-on.

Great to see a Scottish club get some big (in scottish terms) money for a player. Even if he doesn't make it down there, £4.5m up front and the 20% is good business. Liverpool might sell him on for say £5m to another team down there, so an extra £1m heading back up. Sometimes you see bang average squad players going between EPL teams for 8 figures, so you never know. 

If it works out for him, then the add on will be massive and if he was to move upwards from Liverpool, that 20% in itself would be transformational.

Think back to a few years ago when Scottish clubs were barely getting 7 figures, if that at all for the best talent..... Aberdeen alone over the last few years must be pushing £8-9m between Ramsey and McKenna, with potentially more to cone from them and also Ferguson likely to bring in a fair bit.