The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

13 minutes ago, d31 said:

whats the stat attack for big Toby? Is he decent or a diddy?

I'll have to add the league in to check, so it'll be tomorrow night or the night after before I can look.

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

Too many people look at assists too.

Would be interesting to see some players stats if you took in to account the pass before the assist. Like they do in the NHL.

That's a very good point too actually, and I didn't know that they look at the pass before the assist in the NHL.

1 hour ago, DunbartonshireRed said:

The one Scottish player i would like to see us go after is Jay Henderson from St Mirren. I think he looks a cracking player. I look at all the other teams in the top flight and outwith the obvious 2 and Hibs and Hearts there aren't (for me anyway) any players that jump out that we could realistically get who would improve the squad. Mind you i never heard of Lewis Ferguson before he signed. 😂  

I agree that younger upcoming Scottish players of the Kenny McLean and Lewis Ferguson ilk are what we're looking for; however, I would still take SOD back up here although he has a year left at Motherwell.

However, I suspect that I'm in the minority of one that thinks that...😂

Guest ApathyAFC

Tobias Lauritsen,  had a look and his stats are very poor indeed. Just hope the guy Bojan Miovski is coming in as his stats and goal ratio is better 

5 hours ago, ApathyAFC said:

Tobias Lauritsen,  had a look and his stats are very poor indeed. Just hope the guy Bojan Miovski is coming in as his stats and goal ratio is better 

Knowing nothing about how he or his team play an just looking at the numbers on Transfermarkt. Overall, on average, scores a goal every 2.7 games, incidentally that's the same as Rooney during his time with us. If you want to discount his lower league goals he's 1 in 3.5 over the last 2 seasons. Miovski in the same time period is 1 in 3.1 so hardly streets ahead on that front. From highlights both look like they'd be fine in Scotland and would be good options.

It wouldn't matter if we were bringing Haaland in, we'll still struggle to score if we don't bring in some creativity.

Guest ApathyAFC
3 hours ago, HunterAFC said:

Knowing nothing about how he or his team play an just looking at the numbers on Transfermarkt. Overall, on average, scores a goal every 2.7 games, incidentally that's the same as Rooney during his time with us. If you want to discount his lower league goals he's 1 in 3.5 over the last 2 seasons. Miovski in the same time period is 1 in 3.1 so hardly streets ahead on that front. From highlights both look like they'd be fine in Scotland and would be good options.

It wouldn't matter if we were bringing Haaland in, we'll still struggle to score if we don't bring in some creativity.

Agreed but Bojan can play as a offensive midfielder as well as striker, he looks technically superior to tobias. Only 4 goals are on YouTube of tobias either tap ins or close in headers. 

. Just hope Bojan is coming in also.

14 hours ago, DunbartonshireRed said:

Scoring records are a bit dodgy to look at imo. Maybe the way his team plays doesn't suit him. If this is a Mowbray signing i'd be more confident it's a good signing. He seems to have an eye for a player. I can't remember the last striker we signed that had an excellent or even good scoring rwcord when we signed him. Even Ramirez recent scoring record wasn't anything to write home about and he done ok until he spat the dummy out over Glass. 

Hoping we can get Miovski over the line aswell. He's one i really think could do well. 

F*** me. can we not sign somebody whose name I can pronounce?

2 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

F*** me. can we not sign somebody whose name I can pronounce?

A career on Open All Mikes beckons , Granda

Any attempt at even a relatively straightforward foreign sounding name with more than two syllables somehow being the subject of mystery and hilarity in equal measure.

Heard Barry Robson is on our shortlist and the managerial announcement will be today or tomorrow. Thoughts on his capabilities to be a successful manager?

Personally I like the idea of a local guy being given the chance and having heard the other potential candidates he could be the best of the bunch.

Worry is the lack of experience but everyone needs their first chance. Would be interested to see his style of play and who he could recruit for us 

18 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Heard Barry Robson is on our shortlist and the managerial announcement will be today or tomorrow. Thoughts on his capabilities to be a successful manager?

Personally I like the idea of a local guy being given the chance and having heard the other potential candidates he could be the best of the bunch.

Worry is the lack of experience but everyone needs their first chance. Would be interested to see his style of play and who he could recruit for us 

Like Stephen Glass, you mean?

2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Like Stephen Glass, you mean?

There's the risk of that happening I agree.

It's clearly a gamble if we opt for Robson but is he anymore of a risk that say Stuart Kettlewell? The more experienced names in the frame don't fill me with much confidence either.

45 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Sadly gone for Jim McIntyre instead 🙄