The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

12 hours ago, DunbartonshireRed said:

Unless your mate is used regularly be the club in a capacity as a photographer i don't see the relevance? The club has it's own videographer so surely they have their own photgrapher aswell?

Could be for the Dave Cormack interview in next month’s Razzle. 

Guest ApathyAFC
17 hours ago, kingjoey said:

So you would be satisfied if Aberdeen went out of the League Cup at the group stages. What do you think that Aberdeen’s targets in the three completions should be at the start of next season?

He's a 🤡 show! imagine not caring about a cup competition that we have a decent chance of winning.

If we can get enough signings through the door that is.

29 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Any of our resident Aberdonians able to translate this 

Parker, beat that man up.

Parker is beating up Shay Logan.

Oh no he isn't. Oh now Shay Logan is beating up Parker.

Fucks sake, man.

(unintelligible ramble) Go deal with him.

17 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Parker, beat that man up.

Parker is beating up Shay Logan.

Oh no he isn't. Oh now Shay Logan is beating up Parker.

Fucks sake, man.

(unintelligible ramble) Go deal with him.

Cheers 😂

what accent is that . Is it some sort of neddish aberdonian type accent ? Or is it just normal Aberdeen talk amongst the locals .

Being genuine and  Reason I say is we deal with some folk from Aberdeen in work and they are very easy to understand , probably even more so than some of the folk I speak with from just along other areas of the central belt 😂 but then that is in a formal business setting but the lingo and accent in that video would leave me scratching my head 

Edited by Forever_blueco

3 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Cheers 😂

what accent is that . Is it some sort of neddish aberdonian type accent ? Or is it just normal Aberdeen talk amongst the locals .

Being genuine and  Reason I say is we deal with some folk from Aberdeen in work and they are very easy to understand , probably even more so than some of the folk I speak with from just along other areas of the central belt 😂 but then that is in a formal business setting but the lingo and accent in that video would leave me scratching my head 

Hahaha just Aberdonian mate. 

I'm the same. Speak properly on the phone at work etc but as soon as I'm talking to a mate who speaks a bit more common than most, my bam accent comes out.

13 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Just proof reading that makes me think that our main problem stems from a bad habit of choosing the wrong manager.

Which makes Cormack's decision to force McInnes out all the worse.  Why would he not realise that finding a relatively successful manager is no easy task , and having found one it makes little sense to actively dismiss him ?

Of course , he wasn't alone in wanting McInnes out. So it's a bit rich that so many of our fans are keen to pin all the blame for last season's shit-show on him.

1 minute ago, A96 said:

Which makes Cormack's decision to force McInnes out all the worse.  Why would he not realise that finding a relatively successful manager is no easy task , and having found one it makes little sense to actively dismiss him ?

Of course , he wasn't alone in wanting McInnes out. So it's a bit rich that so many of our fans are keen to pin all the blame for last season's shit-show on him.

10 games without a goal scored would get anyone sacked. 

McInnes was fortunate that covid hit when it did or the calls for him to go would have been so loud. 

Ramsay, McKenzie, Barron would still be on loan or away. 

McInnes did good things but outlived his time at AFC by 2yrs.

8 minutes ago, A96 said:

I’m not going to touch too much on Derek because I’m really not interested in that debate again. 

But, Cormack had a vision of structuring the football department in a way that mcinnes wouldn’t have accepted. This means that a parting of the ways was always inevitable, whether he jumped or was pushed. The club can’t put on hold plans because finding a manager can be tricky, especially as Derek would’ve fucked off anyway if he received the right offer. 

In my opinion, last years failure is due to trying to push too much change too quickly and making the whole thing a shambles. Boiling it down to the fact Derek left is simplistic and lazy. 

10 minutes ago, betting competition said:

The McInnes debate again yawn!

So anyone else worried about the lack of new signings when they return this week to preseason training? 

Really want another 1 or 2 in this week but it seems really quiet 

Wonder if Ramirez will return to training on Wednesday…..

45 minutes ago, betting competition said:

So anyone else worried about the lack of new signings when they return this week to preseason training? 

Not overly tbh. Half expecting a couple of deals to be in the pipeline with scarf photos after nations league games. 

Obviously would be better to have a full squad in place from day 1 but if waiting means better signings then we should wait. 

I reserve the right to revise this opinion when we're behind at half time against Peterhead 

2 hours ago, betting competition said:

Yes, I’ll admit to being worried now. 
Shambles of a squad as it stands. 

How many have left? 9? 10? More?

And we have signed ONE player who probably won’t be there on Wednesday.

I can’t see Goodwin being too enamoured starting pre-season with Ragbag Rovers

Seems quite clear we’re struggling to get our first targets in. 

29 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Yes, I’ll admit to being worried now. 
Shambles of a squad as it stands. 

How many have left? 9? 10? More?

And we have signed ONE player who probably won’t be there on Wednesday.

I can’t see Goodwin being too enamoured starting pre-season with Ragbag Rovers

Seems quite clear we’re struggling to get our first targets in. 

Or we could just be waiting for the Ramsey money to be confirmed before committing?