The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

6 minutes ago, Game of throw-ins said:

I was scratching my head at that comment though.  I think our fans will be  happy if we sign a centre back who's a decent upgrade on who's here, but I'm struggling to imagine who we could possibly sign that would come under the heading "exciting".

Considine. 

9 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Had the same feeling tbh.

Whether I'm happy with that, I'm not sure. I could be wrong but he looks best in a three? Jim wants to go 4 at the back.

We played a back four once from the start under Davidson, so it's probably unfair for me to actually comment on how he plays in a back four.

I think you'd need a physical leader beside him, as with us he's often been bullied and he doesn't really organise much. 

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We played a back four once from the start under Davidson, so it's probably unfair for me to actually comment on how he plays in a back four.

I think you'd need a physical leader beside him, as with us he's often been bullied and he doesn't really organise much. 

I've probably not seen him enough to comment, but I got left sided David Bates vibes off of him.

You won't have watched Goodwin's interview with Hunter, but they both went out of their way to say Bates had to play on the left the whole season which was unfair on him. Worryingly, that seems like Goodwin is happy with him. Even more worrying if McCart is his partner.

31 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I've probably not seen him enough to comment, but I got left sided David Bates vibes off of him.

You won't have watched Goodwin's interview with Hunter, but they both went out of their way to say Bates had to play on the left the whole season which was unfair on him. Worryingly, that seems like Goodwin is happy with him. Even more worrying if McCart is his partner.

I could see a Bates/McCart partnership struggling like f**k against folk like Curtis Main and Chris Kane, tbh.

53 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Shinnie looking like he's leaving Wigan. Not sure I can see him coming back to Pittodrie but I'm sure he'll be linked to us and a few other clubs anyway.

Really? Didn't he just join them?

55 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Had the same feeling tbh.

Whether I'm happy with that, I'm not sure. I could be wrong but he looks best in a three? Jim wants to go 4 at the back.

Stuart Findlay, ex-Killie? He fits the lefty criteria. 

Now at Philadelphia. Contract has 6 months left. 

10 minutes ago, GTG_03 said:

Really? Didn't he just join them?

Yeah, he played pretty regularly for Derby but when they were forced to sell him to Wigan he rarely seemed to get on the pitch at all.

1 hour ago, Rodhull said:

Shinnie looking like he's leaving Wigan. Not sure I can see him coming back to Pittodrie but I'm sure he'll be linked to us and a few other clubs anyway.

I read an article linking him with the **** and the diet ****. Would give me the boak seeing Shinniesta playing for either of those pair of jubilee celebrating gammon munchers.

Go and bring him home Jim.

If its a left sided central defender you are looking at, step forward Charles Dunne esquire.

Looks the part and very pacy. Just a pity he has the concentration span of a goldfish and is made of glass.