The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

3 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

Are you guys on for a few quid if McKenna gets promoted with Forest today?

Think so. Some media reporting it could be a "seven figure sum" if they go up. Pretty good if true.

1 minute ago, Rodhull said:

Think so. Some media reporting it could be a "seven figure sum" if they go up. Pretty good if true.

Mon Huddersfield then…

Nah would actually be good to see a Scottish club benefit from one of these clauses. We’ve had umpteen and can’t remember any paying out.

2 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

Mon Huddersfield then…

Nah would actually be good to see a Scottish club benefit from one of these clauses. We’ve had umpteen and can’t remember any paying out.

Yeah I think Ryan Fraser has been about the only one that ever looked like it would make money for us with him being linked with a ton of big money moves then he obviously left for nothing in the end.

We've been irritatingly unlucky with McKenna.  Unusually we didn't bite the arm off the first club to make us a good offer, and took a gamble the player and his value would go up.  I thought that was the right decision at the time, so I can't criticise the club for it.  He then lost a bit of form and value, by which time he was impatient to move on and we were left with little option but to sell for quite a lot less than his value had once been.  He's since bounced back and now probably worth double what we originally rejected.

That's going to feed into decisions about guys like Ramsey and Barron because we've been given a stark lesson that hanging on to a promising youngster in the hope his value goes up is a risky business.

Edited by Game of throw-ins

We've been irritatingly unlucky with McKenna.  Unusually we didn't bite the arm off the first club to make us a good offer, and took a gamble the player and his value would go up.  I thought that was the right decision at the time, so I can't criticise the club for it.  He then lost a bit of form and value, by which time he was impatient to move on and we were left with little option but to sell for quite a lot less than his value had once been.  He's since bounced back and now probably worth double what we originally rejected.
That's going to feed into decisions about guys like Ramsey and Barron because we've been given a stark lesson that hanging on to a promising youngster in the hope his value goes up is a risky business.

Without meaning to be all ITK, I’ve heard we’ll be getting a decent wedge for every 25 games he plays in the EPL, a bonus if they stay up and 20% on any profit if he’s sold. Could be worth more to us in the long run than if he’d signed for some mid table basket case like Stoke.

57 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Delighted for McKenna tbh. Took some amount of stick from people as a Scotland player. 

My favourite was that time he lost the man he was marking who then went on to score.

Some jobber called Lukaku or something 🤣

31 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

My favourite was that time he lost the man he was marking who then went on to score.

Some jobber called Lukaku or something 🤣

Aye, god forbid a defender in his early 20’s gets done by one of the best teams in the world. 

Write him off as shite and overrated. 

He’s done well for the national team more often than not, and should probably replace Tierney in the upcoming games.

Possibly tarred a bit due to being part of a lamentable team performance in Kazakhstan, when Shinnie had a mare at LB, our midfield was non-existent and his defensive partner was some guy called David Bates.

14 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

Without meaning to be all ITK, I’ve heard we’ll be getting a decent wedge for every 25 games he plays in the EPL, a bonus if they stay up and 20% on any profit if he’s sold. Could be worth more to us in the long run than if he’d signed for some mid table basket case like Stoke.

Who negotiated that?