The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

13 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Checked the top 10. The only one who fits the profile (not old, out if contract) is Luca Pfeiffer. Really can't see it.

Going by Wikipedia that guys under contract until 2024 and was last bought for 1.5 million so pretty confident it'd not be him. :)

if being young isn't necessarily a pre-requisite the guy Hoffman at Karlsruhe could be a possibility. Hard to see why anyone doing well in that league would want to come to Aberdeen though.

6 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Going by Wikipedia that guys under contract until 2024 and was last bought for 1.5 million so pretty confident it'd not be him. :)

if being young isn't necessarily a pre-requisite the guy Hoffman at Karlsruhe could be a possibility. Hard to see why anyone doing well in that league would want to come to Aberdeen though.

Schoolboy error, didn't realise he was on loan 🤣

Screenshot_20220527-001703.png

4 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Hoffman has agreed to join Bochum from 1 July so it won't be him.

1 hour ago, DunbartonshireRed said:

Wonder if the source is Haraldur? 😂. I can't see anyone on the top scorer list that appears to be out of contract. And Transfermarkt has them all valued at over £1.5m so either we are paying a fee or somebody is pulling your pisser. 

I wonder if he meant Bundesliga 3 rather than Bundesliga 2 as they have strikers who would be in our price range?

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/aberdeens-new-stadium-timeline-revealed-and-what-next-for-pittodrie-3710150

Stadium update suggesting 4-6 years.

The author of the above is the guy from "A view from the terrace", and at their live show last week he said he thought Aberdeen would spend £1 million on a striker this summer... No idea why he would think that though

Just now, SamuraiJock said:

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/aberdeens-new-stadium-timeline-revealed-and-what-next-for-pittodrie-3710150

The author of the above is the guy from "A view from the terrace", and at their live show last week he said he thought Aberdeen would spend £1 million on a striker this summer... No idea why he would think that though

To be fair (this is also in reply to the others discussing the BL.2 striker above), while he has his flaws, Cormack has shown a readiness to pay transfer fees, and I genuinely could see him paying a fee like that for a player they think has sell on value. Doubly so if we bring in big fees for Ramsay and Ferguson.

We've seen how spending £100M of money that you don't have can buy your way to a Europa League final. Speculating to accumulate is a viable strategy, provided you have the right people in place. It's a big risk, but we've spectacularly failed to capitalise on Rangers demise, and it's going to take some risks to make us competitive again.

28 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

We've seen how spending £100M of money that you don't have can buy your way to a Europa League final. Speculating to accumulate is a viable strategy, provided you have the right people in place. It's a big risk, but we've spectacularly failed to capitalise on Rangers demise, and it's going to take some risks to make us competitive again.

I’m all for a bit of spending,  but given the number of holes to fill, I’d thought 3 500k players would be more likely than 1 for over a million

41 minutes ago, SamuraiJock said:

I was just thinking that if this new stadium is ever built then I hope we retain Pittodrie in the stadium name....New Pittodrie Stadium or The Pittodrie 2.0 stadium. Well maybe not the latter but something along the Pittodrie lines..

Edited by Bogbrush1903

1 minute ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I was just thinking that if this new stadium is ever built then I hope we retain Pittodrie in the stadium name....New Pittodrie Stadium or The Pittodrie 2.0 stadium. Well maybe not the latter but something along the Pittodrie lines..

The pittodrie 

1 minute ago, SamuraiJock said:

I’m all for a bit of spending,  but given the number of holes to fill, I’d thought 3 500k players would be more likely than 1 for over a million

I'd be inclined to agree with that strategy, but we don't really know quite how much they are willing to spend in total. We could bring in a very sizeable amount for Ferguson and Ramsay.

Goodwin is saying we’re looking at players in the 24-28 age bracket.

This is a good thing imo, I thought it was strange that our squad last season was essentially made up of kids and guys aged 30+. All well and good investing in 19/20/21 year old players but you can’t have a team full of them.

3 minutes ago, Piss off Cormack ltd said:

Wouldn't be surprised to know we've missed out on 1 or 2 of our top targets and have had to look elsewhere, probably plan b signings.

That username :lol:

Can tell already you’ll be a bundle of joy 

The tantrums from some on Twitter and especially on the binfire that is the Hat that we haven’t made any new signings in fucking May is hilarious 

32 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

That username :lol:

Can tell already you’ll be a bundle of joy 

The tantrums from some on Twitter and especially on the binfire that is the Hat that we haven’t made any new signings in fucking May is hilarious 

Yes, a lot of people are losing their minds even though most players are either contracted until the end of this month or the end of next, people should relax.

1 hour ago, lubo_blaha said:

Goodwin is saying we’re looking at players in the 24-28 age bracket.

This is a good thing imo, I thought it was strange that our squad last season was essentially made up of kids and guys aged 30+. All well and good investing in 19/20/21 year old players but you can’t have a team full of them.

58 minutes ago, Piss off Cormack ltd said:

Wouldn't be surprised to know we've missed out on 1 or 2 of our top targets and have had to look elsewhere, probably plan b signings.

So what if we've missed out on our first and/or second choice targets. The new recruitment team identified 6 players in each position that they believe will improve the squad. Even if we were to sign our 6th choice targets - they'll still likely be good players. It wouldn't take much to improve the current squad.

The transfer window hasn't even opened. Have patience.

Edited by HarleyQuinn