The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

6 minutes ago, Don exotic said:

The club have decided they are better recruiting players from other countries, rather than UK developed players. However, we are already seeing that these players don't feel the need to honour their contracts. Who is going to get across what it should mean to play for the dons than Andy.

If we are trying to persuade players with other options to come to us I don't think it's a good look either.

When did we announce this signing policy of avoiding uk based players?

5 minutes ago, Don exotic said:

The club have decided they are better recruiting players from other countries, rather than UK developed players. However, we are already seeing that these players don't feel the need to honour their contracts. Who is going to get across what it should mean to play for the dons than Andy.

If we are trying to persuade players with other options to come to us I don't think it's a good look either.

Still not getting it, but it's starting to sound a bit xenophobic 

6 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Aye, Foster mentioned something about giving Considine a contract even if he doesn't play because he was a good role model to the younger players!

Foster is a 35 year old defender whose contract was recently not renewed. I can see why he might want that argument to be true.

8 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Still not getting it, but it's starting to sound a bit xenophobic 

I’m guessing the money down south heavily distorts the calibre of player you can attract compared to other countries. I’m guessing it’s a value based thing rather xenophobia and focussing recruitment/scouting elsewhere. 
ETA - it certainly doesn’t sound right though if that makes sense.

Edited by gannonball

25 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I’m guessing the money down south heavily distorts the calibre of player you can attract compared to other countries. I’m guessing it’s a value based thing rather xenophobia and focussing recruitment/scouting elsewhere. 
ETA - it certainly doesn’t sound right though if that makes sense.

I'm really struggling with my comprehension today it seems. With you until "ETA". 

1 hour ago, O_Kahn said:

Scott Burns' behaviour has been very odd recently.  He's behaving more like the club has been taken over by a Serbian businessman with links to Arkan, rather than the current management making a couple of decisions he doesn't like.

Sounds familiar.

12 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I'm really struggling with my comprehension today it seems. With you until "ETA". 

Admittedly I didn’t English so good with that. I meant that without an explanation as to why it could easily come across as xenophobic as I’m speculating really as to why they are (allegedly) doing this.

If we sign a player from abroad you'd be hoping there is a higher chance he's been missed by others and could have a big upside.

players from english championship, league one and league two have been seen by probably 100 clubs who have decided not to sign them. 

22 minutes ago, d31 said:

If we sign a player from abroad you'd be hoping there is a higher chance he's been missed by others and could have a big upside.

players from english championship, league one and league two have been seen by probably 100 clubs who have decided not to sign them. 

That's fair enough, but it relies on our recruitment team finding those players, them agreeing to come and then actually playing thereafter.

I would love this to work, but it's not like we can build on its initial success.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/andy-considine-snubs-jim-goodwin-26978181

From the article:

The Dons had offered Considine a deal on reduced terms and when his camp went back with a counter-offer then the club decided to walk away.

Aberdeen then put out an angry statement in Goodwin’s name after Record Sport had broken the story that Considine’s Aberdeen career was over.

It went into some of the specifics of the negotiations but left out a key factor, mainly how much they had asked the player to take a cut by.

I know it's worded in a way to try and gain sympathy for Considine. All it's done is make me question how much he was on before!

25 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Pretty much as expected. No talk of an extended loan for Montgomery which some I'd seen mentioned a few times.

How was his loan spell overall he was used more as a winger I take it? I don’t think he will ever be good enough for us but seems to have a decent attitude.

2 minutes ago, gannonball said:

How was his loan spell overall he was used more as a winger I take it? I don’t think he will ever be good enough for us but seems to have a decent attitude.

I thought he'd looked ok the few times I'd seen him play for you but he really didn't impress at all. Looked weak on the ball and gave it away a lot.

Probably didn't help that we was injured for about 90% of his spell and by the time he came back the team was even more lacking in confidence. Might have been different if he'd come here at a time when we weren't playing so badly.

All good with this announcement which we  expected ,

add in  prob Ramsay,Ramirez,,McLennan Campbell and Ferguson 

and that’s mental amount going .

iI don’t think Lewis is going ,  hope nae as the last few weeks he’s been excellent maybe that’s old Joe back . 

What job for Goodwin now and especially Mowbray for recruitment ..

Bring it on  exciting times 🤞

13 minutes ago, gannonball said:

He looked less impressive than Ethan Ross looked this time last year. 

Looked a bit tricky and confident on the ball but no end product (except a goal, lol). 

I'd rather we didn't help Celtic develop their assets and will be raging if he comes back on loan. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/andy-considine-snubs-jim-goodwin-26978181
From the article:

The Dons had offered Considine a deal on reduced terms and when his camp went back with a counter-offer then the club decided to walk away.

Aberdeen then put out an angry statement in Goodwin’s name after Record Sport had broken the story that Considine’s Aberdeen career was over.

It went into some of the specifics of the negotiations but left out a key factor, mainly how much they had asked the player to take a cut by.

I know it's worded in a way to try and gain sympathy for Considine. All it's done is make me question how much he was on before!

What an embarrassing article.