The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

It’s almost as if Aberdeen have been exonerated in their stance with Andy Considine. I love Andy as a player and would have been delighted for him to get another one year deal. But with his long injury lay off at his age, and the fact that he has had to come off in his first full match back, makes the club look sensible with their approach to his contract.

17 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

It’s almost as if Aberdeen have been exonerated in their stance with Andy Considine. I love Andy as a player and would have been delighted for him to get another one year deal. But with his long injury lay off at his age, and the fact that he has had to come off in his first full match back, makes the club look sensible with their approach to his contract.

It's a new manager, with no loyalty towards him too. There's not much anyone could day to me to convince me it's not a sensible decision.

It's definitely a logical move. It's easy to get too sentimental about veteran players. I was more than happy with Mcginn getting another deal last year but his performances this season almost immediately suggested it was a mistake and that he was done. Could very easily have been the same for Considine, although hearing Goodwin speak a while back it sounded like even if he did sign a deal Considine was going to be used sparingly.

It's a new manager, with no loyalty towards him too. There's not much anyone could day to me to convince me it's not a sensible decision.

He’s the best centre half at the club, although that’s not saying much.

Would’ve liked him to stay but if the manager doesn’t see him as a regular and doesn’t want to offer him a big contract then that’s his call to make. I just hope we have at least two replacements lined up who are significant upgrades on what we have.

2 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

Would’ve liked him to stay but if the manager doesn’t see him as a regular and doesn’t want to offer him a big contract then that’s his call to make. I just hope we have at least two replacements lined up who are significant upgrades on what we have.

Exactly this. If he's letting considine go/retire without a fight and we go in to next season with Gallagher and Bates as the first choice CB pairing then he'll be out of a job very quickly.

15 hours ago, Don exotic said:

I don't like the contrast between how Considine has been treated, as a Don through and through, compared to Hernandez and Ramirez. They were both able to take the piss on their contracts.

I'm not sure any of that bodes well for the future when we are aiming for wider recruitment. 

I don't follow your point here at all. 

I can't see any comparison between the situations nor how it could possibly negatively impact recruitment, unless we're trying to recruit players who've already been with the club for years. 

2 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

He's 35, just returned from a major injury and broke down injured in his return game. He also wanted 2 years which would take him to 37 by the end of his contract, all on a decent wage.

As much as I love and respect the guy, we can do better.

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

He's 35, just returned from a major injury and broke down injured in his return game. He also wanted 2 years which would take him to 37 by the end of his contract, all on a decent wage.

As much as I love and respect the guy, we can do better.

He deserves our thanks & respect for 18 years of service, but the way some idiots are talking on Twitter etc, you’d think he’d died after being beheaded by Jim Goodwin.

Perhaps these fanboys should point their guns at Considine & his agent for demanding a 2 year contract (at an alleged £3k per week) for a 35 year old player who’s struggling to overcome an ACL injury? 

22 minutes ago, naegoodinthedark said:

Now that the season is over, am I ok to start pant pishing about the lack of signings for next season?

If rumours are to be believed, apparently we can expect one being announced on Thursday at Noon.

Edited by HarleyQuinn

17 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

He deserves our thanks & respect for 18 years of service, but the way some idiots are talking on Twitter etc, you’d think he’d died after being beheaded by Jim Goodwin.

Perhaps these fanboys should point their guns at Considine & his agent for demanding a 2 year contract (at an alleged £3k per week) for a 35 year old player who’s struggling to overcome an ACL injury? 

And a 35 year old who didn't manage to last 50 minutes yesterday before he was injured again.

It's time to move on. Thanks Andy for the hat-trick at Dens though. That 7-0 win will live long in the memory.

24 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

If rumours are to be believed, apparently we can expect one being announced on Thursday at Noon.

Rumours as in the plural ?

Guessing that your source for this is none other than AFC Chat.

Excuse me for the degree of cynicism I'm demonstrating if it is.