The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

8 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

He had the skill and vision to let the ball do the work.

Some of our football around that era was a joy to watch, with Bett often the one dictating play.

Many dandies at the time would still have a go and use the lazy, workshy label at him. I suppose McGinn also got that over more recent years, but again more talent in his wee toe then many others around him, and probably would have been nowhere near us if he had an ‘engine’ to match his technical ability.

Still, we do sometimes need to have a whinge even about the positives of our club - I would still be reluctant to play Ramsay in some games as he’s so unreliable defensively, but still realise the lad has got it and will almost certainly be a top player in time.

To be honest I based that jibe entirely on what the mannies around me used to grumble about. I was probably not even in my teens when Bett left and only really appreciated players running with the ball or scoring goals. Still, I’m not one to let fairness or accuracy stand in the way of a good dig.

32 minutes ago, logie skid boys said:

Ah Jazzer never broke sweat didn’t have to .

. Oh that goal love street .one best bounces ever . Ah f**k we thought we were going do it . 
In my top 5 fav  Dons players  ever , without a doubt . 

Wonderful, wonderful player. 

Probably deserves it’s own thread, but who else is in your top 5?

I'm not sure I would call Bett lazy, but he was an odd character.  Usually you won't make it as a pro footballer without a lot of drive.  Bett was one of the exceptions that proved the rule.  Very gifted but played professional football because it was the easiest way for him to make a good living.  You always thought he could take it or leave it.  If he'd had the drive he wouldn't have been playing for us - could have played at the top level in Italy or Spain.  He just wasn't that bothered.

2 hours ago, naegoodinthedark said:

Wonderful, wonderful player. 

Probably deserves it’s own thread, but who else is in your top 5?

Well my other 4 would be ,who  I have watched and loved 

Willie  Greatest ever  ❤️(No nae Garner 😊

Jess ( for that early spell in his career he was outstanding .

Mcdougal  (seen Harper and Archibald play) but Frankie was  the man for me .

Derek Hamilton  😊  for that winner ,   magic  memory with my da celebrating that is so clear even now . ( think he ended up homeless ,Derek that is nae my da 😊

so add in Jazzer that’s my top 5 favs .

Can't say I've heard of him but looks like he's barely played since 2019 and his international experience consists of 45 mins in a friendly. I think Sweden have capped quite a few diddies in recent years. This might be their Bertie Vogts era equivalent.

14 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Andy Considine RedTV appearance about his career is very special (last over 70 minutes).

Oh wow didn’t realise it was that long. I’ll have to actually set aside some time for it! Midday tomorrow seems as good a time as any. 

Oh thank f**k last game . But tomorrow il be buzzing for new season .😊

Il give Andy good send off  today then it’s time for us and him move on .

I Ken some  folk don’t like minutes applause for fans that have passed away . don’t know why it’s only minute .  But on 55mins today there is one for good mate  great lad back in the day ,massive dons fan . it doesn’t take much put your hands together for short spell . His loon will be proud . 
RIP Mark ASC/AFC .   Losing far too many mates in our 50s .getting old is shit..  Stand Free . 
Roll on the new signings .

Ended up watching that last night. A great effort from the club and a really enjoyable trip down memory lane. 

I can’t make it today so won’t get the Andy send off but what a thoroughly likeable guy and a terrific servant to the club. 

I was 15 when he made his debut so he’s been with the dons my entire adult life. Not always been his biggest fan in the early years but his Scotland call up and that general period was an absolute pleasure to see him develop into a proper player and club legend (yes, legend). 

Thanks Andy. 

3 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Didn't win but the defence looked tighter and more balanced with a left footed player on the left hand side.

Some amount of shite being spoken afterwards on Sportsound.

What are they saying? Is it the "McInnes shouldn't have been sacked, careful what you wish for" type stuff or something else.