The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

F*cking piss poor from Ramirez. 

First few games I genuinely thought we had a finisher at the club to rival Rooney/Shearer, but his link up play was dodgy to say the least. Something that can be worked on, I thought.

It's never improved, and he looks as though he has just couldn't be arsed in recent months. Genuinely wanted this guy to do well but what a disappointment. Going home with two games to go ?!? Sssssake...I don't care if they are dead rubbers...that stinks.

1 minute ago, Rodhull said:

That'll be the last we see of him then.

I hope so.  Willie Garner did say on Red TV that he'd spoken to Goodwin before the Dundee game and he claimed he fully expected Ramirez to be here next season.  Maybe all that means is that Goodwin's observing protocol until negotiations for the termination of his contract are completed. But it did leave me less certain that he wouldn't be back.

I liked Ramirez in the first half of the season, but his head obviously hasn't been in the right place since the wheels started to come off for Glass.  I'm willing to believe there might be some reasonable explanation for letting him go but we can't be relying on someone so unreliable as our expensive main striker.

Just now, Game of throw-ins said:

I hope so.  Willie Garner did say on Red TV that he'd spoken to Goodwin before the Dundee game and he claimed he fully expected Ramirez to be here next season.  Maybe all that means is that Goodwin's observing protocol until negotiations for the termination of his contract are completed. But it did leave me less certain that he wouldn't be back.

I liked Ramirez in the first half of the season, but his head obviously hasn't been in the right place since the wheels started to come off for Glass.  I'm willing to believe there might be some reasonable explanation for letting him go home early but we can't be relying on someone so unreliable as our expensive main striker.

Just listened to Jim Goodwin’s pre-match interview and it certainly sounds as if it’s the club’s decision to send Ramirez back home. Sounds as if youth striker Liam Harvey will get some time on the pitch tomorrow night.  Also, from what he was saying, it sounds as if Joe Lewis will still be seen as number one goalie next season. And Andy Considine to get a cameo appearance on Sunday, but not a start.

22 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Just listened to Jim Goodwin’s pre-match interview and it certainly sounds as if it’s the club’s decision to send Ramirez back home. Sounds as if youth striker Liam Harvey will get some time on the pitch tomorrow night.  Also, from what he was saying, it sounds as if Joe Lewis will still be seen as number one goalie next season. And Andy Considine to get a cameo appearance on Sunday, but not a start.

Farewell hat trick from Considine in the 2nd half.

And we lose 4-3.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

You'll be desperately disappointed to see the departure of your 'Starman' *

It was only a couple of months ago you were defending him to the hilt and baffled why anyone would be happy to see him leave.

Well to paraphrase you, "no ifs, no buts, I'm happy enough to see the back of him"

His performance and general attitude on the pitch since Glass left has been very poor  

*There's a Starman flying in the sky, they say he'll come back and see us but that just blows our minds.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

2 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

You'll be desperately disappointed to see the departure of your 'Starman' *

It was only a couple of months ago you were defending him to the hilt and baffled why anyone would be happy to see him leave.

Well to paraphrase you, "no ifs, no buts, I'm happy enough to see the back of him"

His performance and general attitude on the pitch since Glass left has been very poor  

*There's a Starman flying in the sky, they say he'll come back and see us but that just blows our minds.

2/10 for the lyrics. Clever though.

2 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

In case anyone is wanting to do a “where are they now” on our 15/16 squad:

I remember the camera panning to the Dons bench after Maddison’s free kick against them and he was sitting there looking gutted.

Liked by Lawrence shankland :lol: