The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

50 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I was quite impressed by POLVARA. Thought he showed decent passing and some neat skills. Looking forward to more of him.

42 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I’d say polvara didn’t look out of place, which is encouraging given his experience in this league. 

But don’t think I’d say I’d be clamouring for regular game time just yet. 

I'd agree with both of your opinions. Main issue I had is that he wasn't always picking up the best positions. He was much braver than Ojo and McGeouch have been on the ball this season though.

47 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Goodwin mentioning that the final two games will allow him to play some of the younger players - are the likes of Ryan Duncan and Evan Towler eligible to play? 

Don't think Duncan can play as you're bound to your loan club until the beginning of the next transfer window, as far as I'm aware. He can play for the youths though.

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/calvin-ramsay-verge-liverpool-transfer-26908063

"The Dons are hopeful of collecting millions in add-ons with Scott McKenna also set to pour a seven-figure some into Pittodrie coffers if his Nottingham Forest are promoted."

A seven-figure sum not some, the Daily Record needs better proof readers before publishing, that's embarrassing for professionals.

45 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Daily Record reporting that’s it’s a £4million fee, potentially rising to £6million with add-ons.

Yet it was reported back in January that Bologna's offer of £4.8M was kicked out. Absolutely not a one of these fannies has a clue what the figures being discussed are.

Still absolutely adamant personally that he shouldn't be sold for a penny less than Patterson. Might not have international caps, but has a far higher ceiling, as evidenced by the fact Everton signed Patterson, and Liverpool want Ramsay.

Edited by Illgresi

1 minute ago, Illgresi said:

Yet it was reported back in January that Bologna's offer of £4.8M was kicked out. Absolutely not a one of these fannies has a clue what the figures being discussed are.

Still absolutely adamant personally that he shouldn't be sold for a penny less than Patterson. Might not have international caps, but has a far higher ceiling, as evidenced by the fact Everton signed Patterson, and Liverpool want Ramsay.

I don’t think that evidences anything really. Liverpool have one of the best RB’s in the world currently, so they’re in the market for a developing player. 

Everton bought someone they thought might be close, if not ready to be a first team player. 

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I don’t think that evidences anything really. Liverpool have one of the best RB’s in the world currently, so they’re in the market for a developing player. 

Everton bought someone they thought might be close, if not ready to be a first team player. 

Yet hasn't kick a ball in anger since he signed as far as I am aware.

I can accept that Ramsay is a project for Liverpool, absolutely, and understand that a deal would be structured so. In other words a lower initial fee, but the add-ons must take it into 8 figures or we're getting screwed yet again.

33 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Aberdeen are in no position to be demanding £10m for anyone. Half of that would be an excellent deal for a kid after one half-decent season.

Office Door GIF - Office Door Close GIFs | Say more with Tenor
Edited by Illgresi

42 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Aberdeen are in no position to be demanding £10m for anyone. Half of that would be an excellent deal for a kid after one half-decent season.

Thanks for that.

We can safely go about our day now that this Hibee has spoken.

There is absolutely no chance anyone is going to offer us over £10million for any player. Patterson had international and group stage/knockout European experience and would undoubtably have been on a bigger contract than Ramsay is with us so it’s not a like for like situation.

Ramsay is coming into the final two years of his contract. If we don’t sell him in this window then the price is unlikely to increase unless he signs a new deal. His injury and fitness issues are a concern as well. He’s clearly a very talented player with huge potential but nothing he has done since January has warranted his fee rising any further that what we received then. I’d say if we get over £4million of guaranteed income with incentives down there line then we should be taking it.