The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Who has been better than Qarabag that we’ve played this season? Certainly not bloody Rangers.

I was more coming from the angle that firstly had Sevco played Qarabag this season then I could only see one winner, and that, unfortunately, wouldn't be the Azeris.

And secondly, I thought we ourselves had enough in the squad on paper if not on the night, to get through that tie and qualify for the Conference League.

I think Scottish clubs and supporters, obviously out with Sevco for the last few seasons, has an inferiority complex, and we laud these teams.

If there is one thing that Sevco's European performances have shown, that if you get after them and don't give them respect and time on the ball then there's opportunities for every Scottish club to improve in Europe.

I think we're better than the Qualifying Rounds and I want us to believe it.

30 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I was more coming from the angle that firstly had Sevco played Qarabag this season then I could only see one winner, and that, unfortunately, wouldn't be the Azeris.

And secondly, I thought we ourselves had enough in the squad on paper if not on the night, to get through that tie and qualify for the Conference League.

I think Scottish clubs and supporters, obviously out with Sevco for the last few seasons, has an inferiority complex, and we laud these teams.

If there is one thing that Sevco's European performances have shown, that if you get after them and don't give them respect and time on the ball then there's opportunities for every Scottish club to improve in Europe.

Can't argue with a word of that.

7 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

This was similar to my thoughts too...and then I compared that performance to our performances in the two Glass matches against Sevco and felt frustrated at the Qarabag performance. I felt it was a missed opportunity. In fact, the whole season has been a missed opportunity. I'm sure we had a better squad that we've showed this season.

I mean we were good enough to beat the future Europa League finalists on their own patch had we not had that intervention from the referee. It sometimes feels to me when I read this forum that we, as a support, are too ready to accept mediocrity or even worse to the extent that we find excuses to explain failure.

If i was unwilling to accept mediocrity i'd still be a virgin. 

1 hour ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I was coming from the angle that Qarabeg are the best team to have played at Pittodrie this season. No ifs, buts or maybes, just purely and simply the best team to have graced our pitch this season.

43 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Cormack alluded to this in his interview with Graham Hunter. Certainly an interesting prospect.

Hopefully we will see some youngsters come in from Italy and hit the heights of Davide Grassi and Nicola Vujadinovic.

I would hope for better quality than those 2 were...

10 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

We're not going to find that out for a couple of seasons, thanks to this disastrous one.

12 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Who has been better than Qarabag that we’ve played this season? Certainly not bloody Rangers.

Qarabag are the only team who have completely outplayed and outclassed us at Pittodrie this season.

The level of  performance by the Arse Cheeks in their games up here.is debateable but I suspect they weren’t at their best. Same with both our games at Ibrox.

How would they have fared against Qarabag ?......plenty evidence to believe that the hvnns would beat them and Celtic would lose.  The hvnns have developed the habit of raising their game in the Europa league in recent seasons.  Celtic have been mediocre in Europe. 

15 minutes ago, A96 said:

Qarabag are the only team who have completely outplayed and outclassed us at Pittodrie this season.

The level of  performance by the Arse Cheeks in their games up here.is debateable but I suspect they weren’t at their best. Same with both our games at Ibrox.

How would they have fared against Qarabag ?......plenty evidence to believe that the hvnns would beat them and Celtic would lose.  The hvnns have developed the habit of raising their game in the Europa league in recent seasons.  Celtic have been mediocre in Europe. 

"mediocre" flatters them.

5 hours ago, Willie adie said:

Screenshot_20220506-221407.thumb.png.b07ab0cb44e8a5e8dff08e3f817520e8.png

Not a bad design and probably wouldn't complain if that was the final kit but I think that's just a Photoshop of the NY Red Bulls away kit image from here. https://www.footyheadlines.com/2022/01/httpswww.footyheadlines.com202201new-york-red-bulls-2022-away-kit-info.html

We're obviously not a big enough team to have Adidas give us our own design but we don't normally have the exact same kit as someone else like this would be. Even if it's just something like a slightly different design or colour to the collar or arms.

Friday afternoon spent at The Chester in the company of these gentlemen, with Richard Gordon fielding the questions. The event was meant to happen 2 years back to coincide with the 40 year anniversary of the 79/80 league title, but better late than never……

6c3c47e2-f953-4de1-bb0d-f411caba13f6.jpg

1 hour ago, Rodhull said:

Not a bad design and probably wouldn't complain if that was the final kit but I think that's just a Photoshop of the NY Red Bulls away kit image from here. https://www.footyheadlines.com/2022/01/httpswww.footyheadlines.com202201new-york-red-bulls-2022-away-kit-info.html

We're obviously not a big enough team to have Adidas give us our own design but we don't normally have the exact same kit as someone else like this would be. Even if it's just something like a slightly different design or colour to the collar or arms.

The size of the Aberdeen badge shows its a fake, IMO.