The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Delighted with the win today, a huge win for the club. Ultimately it has been a dreadful season but given how devoid we have been of confidence lately, the players standing up to be counted second half today deserves credit.

Hopefully we can confirm safety next Saturday and then we can get rid of a lot of the players.

8 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Hopefully we can confirm safety next Saturday and then we can get rid of a lot of the players

Wouldn't be too concerned about next week. The fans don't give a shit, we are just going for a massive piss up, with 2 hours of sobering up in the middle.

Based on the fact we are already safe I think our players will be giving even less of a f**k than normal......

41 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Some players really stood up when the chips were down today. Mackenzie has been up and down in terms of his form this season, but he was excellent, as he was against Livingston. It should be quite a basic thing for a defender, but there is something I really like about the way Mackenzie approaches 50/50s and just one-on-one duels in general; despite not being the biggest player, you rarely see him backing down or not going in hard. Barron was very good, too. Always making the correct decisions, demanding the ball, and just generally looking to do the right things. He has a great awareness of what is happening around him for such a young and inexperienced player. Besuijen was our most threatening attacking player by a distance; again, another young player who demanded the ball and wanted to take responsibility in a potentially difficult situation.

Less said about the clown car centre-backs, the better. 

Absolutely spot on. I really like McKenzie and great to see he has his early season form back. Would also add to your list that Joe Lewis had an excellent game.

Got strong Considine & Ifil vibes from Bates and Gallagher, give them as much time as they want on the ball then mildly pressure them and you get yourself a chance.

Now that we should (hopefully) be safe might see Polvara in for Ferguson to see how that goes (assuming Polvara isn't getting punted).

I know his loan spell was pretty poor but be interested in seeing Ruth getting a go in one of the last few games.

Knew last summer was going to be big but this one is going to be ridiculous.

9 minutes ago, HunterAFC said:

Got strong Considine & Ifil vibes from Bates and Gallagher, give them as much time as they want on the ball then mildly pressure them and you get yourself a chance.

Haha. I was saying earlier that they reminded me of Bus and Considine in that 4-3 game up at Inverness under Calderwood.

On 29/04/2022 at 17:13, Bogbrush1903 said:

Tomorrow really is the big one I feel that will decide whether we're headed for the play-off or not.  You could easily see us following up defeat tomorrow with another one against St Johnstone. However, a win I think will finally put any lingering fears to bed.

I don't care if it's a shitfest 1-0 Lewis Ferguson penalty win, just get the job done and lets lay this season to rest before the final couple of games.

In the back of my mind though, I think Dundee are going to with this...

You read it here first...

38 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Despite McGoo being a sandwich short of a picnic, it will probably be the final time we see a Gothenburg Great in a prominent role (i.e player or manager) at a match at Pittodrie...

McGoo could have a go at managing the catering team. He could go naked if everyone gets served by the end of half time?

47 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Despite McGoo being a sandwich short of a picnic, it will probably be the final time we see a Gothenburg Great in a prominent role (i.e player or manager) at a match at Pittodrie...

Willie will be commentating for years to come 

Up the Dons 

7 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

@RandomGuy. not sure if you still do your player profiles but was wondering how Barron compares to Ali McCann? Seems to make plenty interceptions and rarely loses the ball too.

He comes out really well from memory, but that includes his loan spell. Have a league only one but I've not checked it for a week or so, will maybe get a chance to look at them later on today.