The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

12 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Anyone else shiteing it about tomorrow?

This season has a strong whiff of impending doom about it. 

Too much negativity at the moment, didn't rate Dundee with the last visit to Dens, so if they are that level again then I would expect us to win. 

Just hope we are more clinical upfront and don't switch off defensively. On the positive note even if we don't get a result then we still have 3 games to sort it out. 

Just hope the ref isn't involved as we have had some terrible decisions go against us this season. 

28 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Anyone else shiteing it about tomorrow?

This season has a strong whiff of impending doom about it. 

If we can’t beat Dundee at home then f**k me 

If we don’t win tomorrow I am borderline resigned to the playoffs which is a scary thought 

21 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Too much negativity at the moment, didn't rate Dundee with the last visit to Dens, so if they are that level again then I would expect us to win. 

Just hope we are more clinical upfront and don't switch off defensively. On the positive note even if we don't get a result then we still have 3 games to sort it out. 

Just hope the ref isn't involved as we have had some terrible decisions go against us this season. 

Don’t think the quality of Dundee is in question. It’s our ability to actually go and get ourselves ahead and see it out. I’m not normally that negative but this team give me the serious fear. 

15 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

If we can’t beat Dundee at home then f**k me 

If we don’t win tomorrow I am borderline resigned to the playoffs which is a scary thought 

Aye me too. 

I'm definitely nervous. If we lose this one things will start to look very precarious.

The mood around the club is a lot gloomier than it was even a week ago.  We have players who've lost confidence, players who are pissed off, players who know they won't be here next season.  We can't score and are leaking bad goals in every game. Whatever Glass's failings, my impression is that dressing room morale is in a much worse shape now under Goodwin.  We've already lost and drawn with Dundee this season.  Dundee are virtually relegated which gives them a free hit - we'll be the team feeling colossal pressure.

Having said that we've got home advantage and better players than Dundee.

My gut feeling is it will come down to who gets the breaks on the day.  We're certainly due some, but that doesn't make us any likelier to get them.

Tomorrow really is the big one I feel that will decide whether we're headed for the play-off or not.  You could easily see us following up defeat tomorrow with another one against St Johnstone. However, a win I think will finally put any lingering fears to bed.

I don't care if it's a shitfest 1-0 Lewis Ferguson penalty win, just get the job done and lets lay this season to rest before the final couple of games.

In the back of my mind though, I think Dundee are going to with this...

Edited by Bogbrush1903

5 hours ago, betting competition said:

F*** me, we've had half a season to sort it out.

Huge relief securing that result today.

Goodwin confirmed in his post match interview that he has told all the out of contract players they are leaving plus a few under contract players.

Campbell, McLennan and Joe Lewis? Huge clearcut expected. Exactly what's required.

Personally I'd be excited to see us sign Siegrest or Hladky, Connor Ronan, Jamie mcGrath and the supposed Dutch player we are after. 

An exciting summer awaits.

Some players really stood up when the chips were down today. Mackenzie has been up and down in terms of his form this season, but he was excellent, as he was against Livingston. It should be quite a basic thing for a defender, but there is something I really like about the way Mackenzie approaches 50/50s and just one-on-one duels in general; despite not being the biggest player, you rarely see him backing down or not going in hard. Barron was very good, too. Always making the correct decisions, demanding the ball, and just generally looking to do the right things. He has a great awareness of what is happening around him for such a young and inexperienced player. Besuijen was our most threatening attacking player by a distance; again, another young player who demanded the ball and wanted to take responsibility in a potentially difficult situation.

Less said about the clown car centre-backs, the better.