The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

20 minutes ago, A96 said:

We should've been playing against 10 men more than half the game at Tannadice, but had that advantage for only a few minutes , thanks to the scandalous red card for Ojo.

I’d forgotten that one.

3 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The Dons fans knew the direction McCormack was taking the club after McInnes.
Goodwin is a fantasy football manager he takes the best of the rest.
Look what he did at St Mirren, Tait (Motherwell)Shaunessay (St Johnstone)Power and Kilty (Killy) to name a few.
The question is can he do the same at Aberdeen? 

McWho?

Don’t worry however. That idiot Charlie Adam makes the mcmistake.

26 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

When he ran into the keeper.

There is no offence of obstruction. Impeding a player is an offence and is defined though. 

Running in front of the goalie if he has the ball is perfectly acceptable. 

IMPEDING THE PROGRESS OF AN OPPONENT WITHOUT CONTACT

Impeding the progress of an opponent means moving into the opponent’s path to obstruct, block, slow down or force a change of direction when the ball is not within playing distance of either player.

All players have a right to their position on the field of play; being in the way of an opponent is not the same as moving into the way of an opponent.

13 minutes ago, coprolite said:

There is no offence of obstruction. Impeding a player is an offence and is defined though. 

Running in front of the goalie if he has the ball is perfectly acceptable. 

IMPEDING THE PROGRESS OF AN OPPONENT WITHOUT CONTACT

Impeding the progress of an opponent means moving into the opponent’s path to obstruct, block, slow down or force a change of direction when the ball is not within playing distance of either player.

All players have a right to their position on the field of play; being in the way of an opponent is not the same as moving into the way of an opponent.

That is not the relevant law at all. But you are right that there is no specific offence of obstruction but obstruction is covered in a catch all of "prevents".

Indirect free kick

An indirect free kick is awarded if a player:

• prevents the goalkeeper from releasing the ball from the hands or kicks or attempts to kick the ball when the goalkeeper is in the process of releasing it

A goalkeeper is considered to be in control of the ball with the hand(s) when:

• the ball is between the hands or between the hand and any surface (e.g. ground, own body) or by touching it with any part of the hands or arms except if the ball rebounds from the goalkeeper or the goalkeeper has made a save
  • holding the ball in the outstretched open hand
  • bouncing it on the ground or throwing it in the air

A goalkeeper cannot be challenged by an opponent when in control of the ball with the hand(s).

Edited by Jim McLean's Ghost

18 hours ago, AJF said:

Maybe if you had the likes of Gordon, Kingsley, Halkett, Souttar and McKay to go along with him you would.

The difference this season for Hearts has been Craig Gordon. The guy is an 8/10 every week, makes unbelieveable saves and for me he is the reason Hearts are above the rest of the clubs sitting 4-10. Soutar is a good player but the rest are either walking injuries or average players who have had the odd good game. Last time I saw Hearts with him not playing, they lost 2-1 at St Johnstone.

I see the SFA have effectively admitted we were screwed by yet another incompetent refereeing performance on Saturday

Penalty to us, almost certainly 1-0 up against 10 men for over half the game.

How many times have we been done in by these inept w@nkers? 

And yes, I know we’ve been fucking shite most of the season. 

1 hour ago, AndyM said:

The difference this season for Hearts has been Craig Gordon. The guy is an 8/10 every week, makes unbelieveable saves and for me he is the reason Hearts are above the rest of the clubs sitting 4-10. Soutar is a good player but the rest are either walking injuries or average players who have had the odd good game. Last time I saw Hearts with him not playing, they lost 2-1 at St Johnstone.

Looking in from the outside, Hearts have recruited very well generally.
Very few failures.

1 hour ago, Thenorthernlight said:

I see the SFA have effectively admitted we were screwed by yet another incompetent refereeing performance on Saturday

Penalty to us, almost certainly 1-0 up against 10 men for over half the game.

How many times have we been done in by these inept w@nkers? 

And yes, I know we’ve been fucking shite most of the season. 

No penalty but the rest of the game would have been against 10 men.

4 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

That is not the relevant law at all. But you are right that there is no specific offence of obstruction but obstruction is covered in a catch all of "prevents".

Indirect free kick

An indirect free kick is awarded if a player:

• prevents the goalkeeper from releasing the ball from the hands or kicks or attempts to kick the ball when the goalkeeper is in the process of releasing it

A goalkeeper is considered to be in control of the ball with the hand(s) when:

• the ball is between the hands or between the hand and any surface (e.g. ground, own body) or by touching it with any part of the hands or arms except if the ball rebounds from the goalkeeper or the goalkeeper has made a save
  • holding the ball in the outstretched open hand
  • bouncing it on the ground or throwing it in the air

A goalkeeper cannot be challenged by an opponent when in control of the ball with the hand(s).

To be fair, the keeper only had one hand on the ball as his other one was in Besuijen’s face. Penalty and red card. No foul had been given when the hand went into the face so the ball was in play.

6 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I hope the players aren't feeling sorry for themselves like some in this thread seem to be.

We need three points on Saturday and forget about whatever else has happened this season.

They just need to focus on the three points.

I think some of the players really don't care as they are on their way out in the summer.

Ramsay must be shocked with picking this up. Odd brilliant glimpses earlier season but was also getting caught out too many times . and apart from Dens couple weeks ago ,has offered us nothing since he came back.   Looks like he’s got club tied up since Ojo is keeping him out the side. Well this announcement will help our fee . 

Edited by logie skid boys

To be fair, the keeper only had one hand on the ball as his other one was in Besuijen’s face. Penalty and red card. No foul had been given when the hand went into the face so the ball was in play.

No foul had been given because the referee was playing advantage due to the keeper still having the ball in his hand. As soon as Besuijen steps across Stryjek to prevent him releasing the ball, that is a foul. The ref only has to stop play once Stryjek also commits an offence, which is exactly what happened in the game.

The only mistake was giving Stryjek a yellow rather than a red.

Decent article - I am actually going to this "masochists' dinner" they refer for the first time in 8 years (when we did actually have a lot of candidates for PotY, with Reynolds deservedly winning it).

If that huffy American wins the award, I will be hurling food at the stage.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/8c8ce4da-c59b-11ec-8d56-59df2b65dd57?shareToken=d6823c86fe0a5615a16b0509e85fd5cb