The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

This season has done nothing to change my opinion that Cormack could yet oversee our demotion to the Championship under his tenureship.

I think that's extremely unlikely this season due to the points and goal difference. We'd pretty much have to lose all our bottom six matches and then the play-off.

Possible but unlikely.

If it did happen it would see Goodwin become the worst managerial appointment in our history.

Just like the appointment of Glass, you must again question the haste of Goodwin's appointment.

Did Cormack really go through due process to identify the best candidate for the job or was he, once again, swayed by bold interview chatter?

We now have a situation where the manager has told half the squad they're surplus to requirements in early April with safety still yet to be assured.

We've won one match in the league this year. If that run of poor form continues into next season then we could well be looking for a new manager by autumn.

Cormack needs to identify an experienced man to handle footballing matters and recuse himself from any future managerial appointment prawcess.

If he wants to continue being the figurehead and gimmicks man then fair enough but he needs a trusted experienced man in to handle the day-to-day running of the club.

With rejuvenated Kilmarnock coming up, and perennial strugglers Dundee departing,  things are set to become a lot more problematic for us next season. There could be less room for error.

2 hours ago, Yorky said:

It was going to be a tough gig regardless of when he joined. To be a success at Aberdeen you need to play attractive football and have a better record than McInnes. Goodwin won’t last that long.

Agreed. If the tactics we played today are what we are going to have to get used to then we are going to be terrible to watch.

54 minutes ago, Alex_14 said:

Sack everyone!

Any updates on the polish left back Jakub Niewiadomski?

Goodwin is suggesting we are in for some "very, very good players" this coming window. 

We could all do with some optimism for next season after enduring this current campaign.

A bit self-serving and with any luck moot but, there is a certain nobility to getting relegated. To have tried but failed. To have competed fairly but come up short, and then to accept the consequences then rebuild. 

And as absolutely fucking hilarious as the Embra and Dundee yo-yos recent travails have been, they were at least conducted with some level of decorum and dare I say it dignity.

Aberdeen are in the bottom six because we deserve to be. We're not safe because we don't deserve to be safe and if the *actual shudder* unthinkable happens it will be because we deserve to get the drop.

I don't think it will but if it does, perhaps it will be the boot in the baws the club needs and we might even get some silverware out of it.  

But to see one of the forums leading zombie bores come in here and take the piss about relegation, something they have yet to experience despite the rolling, toe-curling, protracted and rancid disgrace their preferentially placed journey to their first experience of the top flight, demonstrates such a lack of self awareness it's embarrassing. Far more so than any club that finished in the drop zone due to sporting failure. 

29 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

And as absolutely fucking hilarious as the Embra and Dundee yo-yos recent travails have been, they were at least conducted with some level of decorum and dare I say it dignity.

Well, not the last Hearts relegation.  They went to court FFS.  

16 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Relegation would be an absolute disaster for us. It doesn’t bear thinking about and if this season hasn’t been a kick in the baws for the club then that is extremely worrying. 

Oh it would be but how was Raith Rovers not a sufficient booting or any other of the shambles we've had.  Anyway the most we can hope for is to have nothing to play for soon and we can bury this season 6ft down then salt the earth. 

3 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Any updates on the polish left back Jakub Niewiadomski?

Goodwin is suggesting we are in for some "very, very good players" this coming window. 

We could all do with some optimism for next season after enduring this current campaign.

Well Goodwin is hardly going to say his budget has been slashed so the signings he is making will be "average bargain basement players"

4 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

What happened to the new manager bounce?

Goodwin has 1 win, 3 draws and 3 defeats.

Glass' last 7 games were 1 win, 2 draws and 4 defeats. 

That seems an improvement to me. Don’t say that’s not a bounce. 

20 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

And i think a couple of those matches, Hearts away and yesterday was as bad, if not worse, than anything we witnessed under Glass.

We need to give the new manager time but there's ominous early signs.

The fans will not be fooled by gimmicks or advertising campaigns. The only way to shift season tickets is getting something worth watching on the pitch.

Nobody at that stadium yesterday left thinking, "Oh I must buy my early bird season ticket" or, "I can't wait for the next game". It was eye-bleeding torture.

1 hour ago, Suspect Device said:

Pretty much matches Goodwin’s start to the season with St Mirren, three wins in twenty matches followed by a purple patch into the New Year