The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Whoa whoa I don't want Goodwin at Aberdeen buddy. You can keep him. He was sooking up to us after the last game between us though, obviously trying to keep his options open, looking to move before the buddies go into freefall again. Not for me. One mid season at 9th and St Mirren think that's us turned into a wee yo-yo club like them. Logical thinking.

Where do you guys usually finish over say the last 10 or 100 odd years? Probably a better barometer of league placings rather than you guys blowing your load at being 4th on Valentine's Day once in your history. Steady on.

8 hours ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

Probably one of the worst individual performances I've seen from a Dons player. 

Not even being hyperbolic. Was a danger to his own team throughout. 

Having lived through all of the 80s, 90s, 00s and 10s I would agree his performance was right up there with some of the worst individual performances I've seen but I will cut the lad some slack as it must be hard going from Celtic to the complete shambles we currently are

6 hours ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Serious question for Aberdeen fans.
One major trophy in 25 years despite being arguably the third largest club in Scottish football. 
What has gone wrong with your club over this last quarter of a century?
Will this new stadium kick start a fresh start and recapture past glories. 
Or will you get relegated this season with St Johnstone?

Nae idea min but cheers for Weir,Stark ;McDougall,,McLean ,and we’ll take Goodwin off you as well and sack him 6 months down the line ,because we can . 

ps forgot Cameron bit part player but semi final screamer oh yes.

6 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

Jack Ross is a cracking manager  his Hibs problems was due to covid. He is your man if not your a bigger basket case than I thought.

Didnt know that one of the symptoms of Covid is to stick to the same "pass it along the back 4 then hoof it" tactics despite it being obvious that they had been sussed months ago...........................

6 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

Not what you want to hear but Aberdeen are a basket case under the American owner. Jim Goodwin as a player with us knocked back a move to hibs where he could have doubled his wages. No chance he would sign for you he gave McGrath advice to hold out for a move South. Jack Ross is a cracking manager  his Hibs problems was due to covid. He is your man if not your a bigger basket case than I thought. 

You're a basket case. 

1 hour ago, logie skid boys said:

Nae idea min but cheers for Weir,Stark ;McDougall,,McLean ,and we’ll take Goodwin off you as well and sack him 6 months down the line ,because we can . 

ps forgot Cameron bit part player but semi final screamer oh yes.

And Salford City will take your best players because they can 

53 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Didnt know that one of the symptoms of Covid is to stick to the same "pass it along the back 4 then hoof it" tactics despite it being obvious that they had been sussed months ago...........................

Quite the take to suggest all that went wrong for Ross at Hibs was covid :lol: 

Bottled several big games, shite football and dropping down the league this season. I’d be shocked if Aberdeen went for him. Going by the reaction on Twitter Aberdeen fans aren’t wanting him anywhere near it.

2 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Quite the take to suggest all that went wrong for Ross at Hibs was covid :lol: 

Bottled several big games, shite football and dropping down the league this season. I’d be shocked if Aberdeen went for him. Going by the reaction on Twitter Aberdeen fans aren’t wanting him anywhere near it.

Sacking mcinnes and ending up with jack Ross a year later would be new levels of stupidity. 

2 hours ago, highland_mechanic said:

Having lived through all of the 80s, 90s, 00s and 10s I would agree his performance was right up there with some of the worst individual performances I've seen but I will cut the lad some slack as it must be hard going from Celtic to the complete shambles we currently are

It's like Jerel Ifil never happened

14 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

From today’s BBC Gossip Column.

Former Hibernian, St Mirren and Sunderland boss Jack Ross is keen on the Aberdeen manager's job following the sacking of Stephen Glass.(Express)

I’ll bet he bloody is.

Newspapers must love this stuff. Even if he said no such thing, JR couldnt say "I am not interested" as it would put him out the running for other decent roles.

A bit like most of the shite they write in transfer windows imo.

9 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Newspapers must love this stuff. Even if he said no such thing, JR couldnt say "I am not interested" as it would put him out the running for other decent roles.

A bit like most of the shite they write in transfer windows imo.

The DR was also quoting that Goodwin was interested in the job, when you know they have just assumed this because its a bigger club.

32 minutes ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

Langfield is a knob. I find him generally inoffensive, though. 

I can't imagine a goalkeeper coach would cause that much ire...or be the dealbreaker for a job...surely...

Aberdeen twitter would be a bin fire after the first time our keeper made a mistake if Langfield was GK coach