The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

On early viewing, not sure what Adam Montgomery is meant to bring to the party?

Didn’t seem to want the ball - and the first goal came as a result of him giving it away when the guy Mugabi was doing the can-can in his general direction.
Being hooked early in the second half felt like an act of mercy.

Barron, however, looked quite promising and wouldn’t complain if he started on Tuesday (if we must still play it then and not on QF weekend).

35 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

On early viewing, not sure what Adam Montgomery is meant to bring to the party?

Didn’t seem to want the ball - and the first goal came as a result of him giving it away when the guy Mugabi was doing the can-can in his general direction.
Being hooked early in the second half felt like an act of mercy.

Barron, however, looked quite promising and wouldn’t complain if he started on Tuesday (if we must still play it then and not on QF weekend).

Montgomery looks lightweight 

Too weak to be a full back, doesn’t seem quick enough to be a winger?

He was heading to Killie before we signed him. I’d suggest Killie is about his level from what I’ve seen. 

57 minutes ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

Probably one of the worst individual performances I've seen from a Dons player. 

Not even being hyperbolic. Was a danger to his own team throughout. 

He was so bad it was like he was deliberately trying to be pish

1 hour ago, Rodhull said:

Or large portions of the Skovdahl years, or the Miller year(s)? or the Paterson years.

Genuinely feel jealous of him if that is the case.

Some of the football under Uncle Ebbe was brilliant, some not so. He should not be mentioned with Alec Fkn Mliller or "only 3 points Mcghee" 

Serious question for Aberdeen fans.
One major trophy in 25 years despite being arguably the third largest club in Scottish football. 
What has gone wrong with your club over this last quarter of a century?
Will this new stadium kick start a fresh start and recapture past glories. 
Or will you get relegated this season with St Johnstone?

Sad thing if saints get relegated is currently Saint Johnstone and Hearts share record of being relegated 5 times from the top league since reconstruction in 70s.  Hearts would think they're a big club if saints make it 6. Probably demand some sort of recognition.

In short AFC** are just taking a wee rest before going for euro glory again, nothing more. Giving teams like Hearts  a wee chance to catch up since most of their cups were won in 1800s.

AFC** won't go down, just not in our DNA and never has been...

Not what you want to hear but Aberdeen are a basket case under the American owner. Jim Goodwin as a player with us knocked back a move to hibs where he could have doubled his wages. No chance he would sign for you he gave McGrath advice to hold out for a move South. Jack Ross is a cracking manager  his Hibs problems was due to covid. He is your man if not your a bigger basket case than I thought. 

Neither are what we really require, I do hope we can attract better than dross like Goodwin or Ross buddy imho.

I'd agree that Ross is probably the better of the two but his last two jobs have kind of killed his career. Probably have to do a McInnes and take on a championship club to try and regain a modicum of respectability.

Goodwin, although not as tainted by failure yet will probably move on at some point, maybe next year when you guys go back down again after a couple of decent years punching above your weight could be the opportunity Jack Ross needs to get back in to full time football.

53 minutes ago, scoobles said:

Some of the football under Uncle Ebbe was brilliant, some not so. He should not be mentioned with Alec Fkn Mliller or "only 3 points Mcghee" 

Yeah some of it was but some of it was very much the opposite of brilliant.

18 minutes ago, gudge1903 said:

Neither are what we really require, I do hope we can attract better than dross like Goodwin or Ross buddy imho.

I'd agree that Ross is probably the better of the two but his last two jobs have kind of killed his career. Probably have to do a McInnes and take on a championship club to try and regain a modicum of respectability.

Goodwin, although not as tainted by failure yet will probably move on at some point, maybe next year when you guys go back down again after a couple of decent years punching above your weight could be the opportunity Jack Ross needs to get back in to full time football.

Astounded that you'd think Goodwin would move to Aberdeen.

St Mirren under Goodwin are a point off 4th with a game in hand against Dundee.

Aberdeen are what? Sittings in 9th with a basket case of a board, a moon howler as their chairman and are still wedded to Gothenburg and the 1980s. 

'Dross'. Get fucking real...!