The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, Frank Grimes said:

Just saw that and instantly thought of our exchange the other day

Typical :lol:

As did I! He's just sent a bouncing backpass right across the face of his own goal too! 😱 And then got away with a penalty challenge in the box from the resulting corner!

Joking aside, he doesn't look anything like as solid when he's not in a three with Worrall alongside him. He and Cook aren't remotely as secure as a pairing.

EDIT - And now he's lost his man and left him unmarked for a tap in 2nd. 😡

Edited by Skyline Drifter

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

The biggest concern about hedges leaving is it feels like we’ve shed about half the squad in this window with little coming in the way. Can’t see us bringing in enough between now and the end of the window to be a stronger squad than we started it. 

Hedges is obviously a talented guy but he was frustrating too, his decision making was frequently poor and too often you felt like you were waiting for him to produce moments that never came. 

Aye. Not happy he's left but he'd shoot when he should pass and vice versa.

Actually a big reason for the defeat to Dundee.

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Less pressure there I suppose. Scotty Allan will have been in his ear saying as long as he plays a nice through ball every few weeks he’ll be a hero. 

Also we withdrew our offer to McGrath when he was pissing us about

Hes an Aberdeen reject really

50 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

McGrath settled for Hibs 🤣

Glad we're dodging that bullet.

40 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Less pressure there I suppose. Scotty Allan will have been in his ear saying as long as he plays a nice through ball every few weeks he’ll be a hero. 

Karen Intensifies GIF by MOODMAN

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

The guy seems to have been terribly advised.

His agent and father are both wrecking the guy's career development. 

He's leaving St. Mirren, we're well aware of that but his agent has just completely sold him down the river time and time again in this window and made him look stupid as a result.

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

The guy seems to have been terribly advised.

It feels like almost every part of the "story" is an agent plant.

But the journalists seem to be quite happy to play along..........its almost like they profit from clicks

Wherever he ends up, there's now going to be that question of whether he actually wants to be there at all.

That's the downside of an agent who plays funny buggers on behalf of their clients. It's understandable wanting to reach for the best deal possible but it's got to be McGrath who has the final say and not be getting led down a path where he looks like a total mercenary as I genuinely believe the lad isn't.

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

not be getting led down a path where he looks like a total mercenary as I genuinely believe the lad isn't.

If he remains at St M til til the summer kicking his heels though..............................