The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

12 minutes ago, Don exotic said:

I agree. All the best to him (except when they play us). His cameos as a no impact sub have been sad to watch. The younger players deserve those chances now, so he wasn't going to play.

Not a chance they've watched him this season. Panic signing.

We shouldn't have taken McGinn back, not the same player unfortunately. Haven't seen much of him the last two seasons so quite surprised he signed for Dundee.

He was carrying us in the 19/20 season tbf and was pretty good in the season before that. He’s done next to nothing since though.

A brilliant servant to the club and one of the best we’ve seen in my lifetime but it’s definitely time for him to move on.

It was worth taking McGinn back for the 19/20 season alone. Honestly think McInnes might have come under some serious pressure that season without him. 

It is the right time for him to move on, but he has been a superb player for us - underrated and unfairly maligned by many in our support, but undoubtedly our stand-out player of the 2010s for me. 

16 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

It was worth taking McGinn back for the 19/20 season alone. Honestly think McInnes might have come under some serious pressure that season without him. 

It is the right time for him to move on, but he has been a superb player for us - underrated and unfairly maligned by many in our support, but undoubtedly our stand-out player of the 2010s for me. 

I think the problem was his lack of consistency.

The problem being if he was more consistent then he'd have been nowhere near Aberdeen.

17 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

At least in the last couple of years he put to bed the myth about not trying against Celtic, by being shite against everyone.

sorry Niall, love you x

The amount of our fans who actually managed to convince themselves that he wasn't trying against Celtic, rather than just struggling against them a bit more because they were head and shoulders the best team in the country for ages, was amusing and bizarre in almost equal amounts. 

18 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

The amount of our fans who actually managed to convince themselves that he wasn't trying against Celtic, rather than just struggling against them a bit more because they were head and shoulders the best team in the country for ages, was amusing and bizarre in almost equal amounts. 

Haha aye, he was a bit naive with some of the Celtic stuff but the not trying was garbage. 

32 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Aye. He didn't celebrate because he was a former Celtic player. Just like Hayes didn't celebrate against us.

McGinn definitely celebrated other folks goals against them.

3 hours ago, TheGoon said:

Was really interested in the Besuijen signing when I clocked it. Asked the analyst folk I knew and they all really rate the signing. Quick, direct and not afraid to try things. Can be a bit inconsistent - but completely normal for his age with room to grow. Apparently a couple of MLS clubs had their eye on him so he may very well have had Atlanta sold to him as well. 

Tl;dr, really decent bit of business on paper for Aberdeen - and hopefully continues the trend of Scottish clubs recruiting in leagues outside of the English league’s bins.

It would be a sad state of affairs if some people considered 5 sentences too long to read 🤣