The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

I'm actually an ADO season ticket holder.

Dutch second tier is pretty dire, but he's been good enough this year. Direct runner, better out wide not great through the middle. Has worked well with the big target man we have when teams are stretched. Potential is there although still needs a bit to develop I reckon

11 minutes ago, TommyDickFingers said:

I'll take that over developing a Celtic player again tbh

I have a feeling Mickey Johnston might be a short term replacement for the departing Hedges.

Blackburn are apparently back in for Hedges due to one of their players getting injured.

We'll see what happens.

11 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Josh Inglis (Sun Journalist) claiming Hibs are working towards signing Jamie McGrath this week.

If that's the Twitter account I've seen there's no way that guy is a journalist. Just looks like an attention seeker telling people to f**k off if they question him?

11 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Josh Inglis (Sun Journalist) claiming Hibs are working towards signing Jamie McGrath this week.

Hes been reading Hibs net probably.

As to "the other Aberdeen signing", maybe you are back in for this guy?

image.png.8dd86c95f42fc1f68f88d89c7c10c190.png

1 hour ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Looks a potentially very decent signing and I'm sure in a moment you could find Hibs announcing a player in the same way but you can tell Cormack's involved with the copy writing when they include "sought after" in the twitter announcement

And if you read the website it's all about "talent" "prospect" and "beat off stiff competition". I'm actually delighted with this signing as it's finally proving what we've been told we were doing and looking at other leagues. By all accounts this guy cost us between 300-400k. 

Was really interested in the Besuijen signing when I clocked it. Asked the analyst folk I knew and they all really rate the signing. Quick, direct and not afraid to try things. Can be a bit inconsistent - but completely normal for his age with room to grow. Apparently a couple of MLS clubs had their eye on him so he may very well have had Atlanta sold to him as well. 

Tl;dr, really decent bit of business on paper for Aberdeen - and hopefully continues the trend of Scottish clubs recruiting in leagues outside of the English league’s bins.

Edited by TheGoon

17 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Love the guy but would have carried him down the road based on the past 18 months.

I agree. All the best to him (except when they play us). His cameos as a no impact sub have been sad to watch. The younger players deserve those chances now, so he wasn't going to play.