The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

32 minutes ago, 72redz said:

Can ye imagine if there wis social media back in the day? - the grief the likes o Brian Grant and Brian Irvine wid get

Thankfully no.

The vids circulating of the Sooper jays franchise fans raging tonight is a good visual indicator of the average twitter super fan(ny) imo. 

14-21 year olds shouting shite from a safe distance in anonymity. 

I think Ojo has his uses even if I can't claim to be his biggest fan. He did a superb job stopping Tavernier the other night and Glass seems to know how to use him more effectively than the previous incumbent. Reasonable enough squad player so long as he's not played in central midfield, where he is very ineffective.

9 hours ago, Don exotic said:

I like the king. He works hard and has the discipline do whatever role he's asked to do. He also allegedly punched a jute mink. I hope he sticks to the belgium football forums.

There are a number of others who do less for their wages. 

Aye putting a  Dundee Utility lad on his arse is deserving of an extended contract 😊

2 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I'd call it quits with Ojo in the summer. He's turning 31, he's taking a significant wage and probably unlikely to accept a deal worth less money. He hasn't done enough to justify another year on the same money.

Depends on the strategy. If always trying to improve the standard of the squad, maybe removing the weakest links and replacing with better then re assessing and next look to replace the new weakest links, and so on.

Ojo isn’t the best in the squad, but he certainly isn’t the weakest either. 

Offer him reduced terms, if he doesn’t want it then move on. Really is as simple as that. 

He’s become a decent utility player for us but his current contract reflects him being a key part of the midfield. 

I suspect he’ll leave to be honest. I think the deal he’s on just now is probably why he didn’t leave last summer.