The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

6 hours ago, RubyTuesday said:

City fan here, looking forward to the trip tomorrow. Our player to watch out for is John Robertson (if he plays), likes to cut in from the right and shoot with his left foot. I expect our keeper Brian Schwake (Loanee from Livi) to be busy. 

Where is a good place to park for free within a 15 minute walk to Pittodrie? Cheers. 

In a Scottish cup tie on my birthday weekend playing for a lower league team.

Deja fucking vu.

1 hour ago, RubyTuesday said:

Yes, back down the road to Edinburgh, cheers. 

Probably best parking at the sunset boulevard car park and try and get through the harbour traffic to get back down the road.

I don't hear that way though so somebody else might suggest another route.

9 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Probably best parking at the sunset boulevard car park and try and get through the harbour traffic to get back down the road.

I don't hear that way though so somebody else might suggest another route.

That is the way to do it. 

Happy enough if Ojo stays on ,  on the whole he’s been pretty  solid and consistent in variety positions ,   And def a good squad player.to have . Would I rather see pacy winger in his place most definitely and hope that happens very soon But  he gets thumbs up fae me for his season so far .. 

1 hour ago, logie skid boys said:

Happy enough if Ojo stays on ,  on the whole he’s been pretty  solid and consistent in variety positions ,   And def a good squad player.to have . Would I rather see pacy winger in his place most definitely and hope that happens very soon But  he gets thumbs up fae me for his season so far .. 

He's on around £3k a week. He might be a decent "squad player" but this season he's turned into a first pick and with little to show for it. The fact he plays week in week out he won't be getting a wage drop if he signs a new contract. Add in the fact he'll be 31 on his next birthday there's not a chance we should be spending that on him. We have enough experienced players to be able to show him on his way, thank him for his efforts and use that money on a younger player with a,sell on value. 

If he was on peanuts i'd say keep him on for the minimal wage but he's not on that so he should go. 

14 minutes ago, DunbartonshireRed said:

He's on around £3k a week. He might be a decent "squad player" but this season he's turned into a first pick and with little to show for it. The fact he plays week in week out he won't be getting a wage drop if he signs a new contract. Add in the fact he'll be 31 on his next birthday there's not a chance we should be spending that on him. We have enough experienced players to be able to show him on his way, thank him for his efforts and use that money on a younger player with a,sell on value. 

If he was on peanuts i'd say keep him on for the minimal wage but he's not on that so he should go. 

Sad Sports Bar GIF by Originals

10 minutes ago, DunbartonshireRed said:

Nowhere near good enough to warrant being offered a "long term" co tract and at 31 there's no way i'd be offering him one

I like the king. He works hard and has the discipline do whatever role he's asked to do. He also allegedly punched a jute mink. I hope he sticks to the belgium football forums.

There are a number of others who do less for their wages. 

2 minutes ago, Don exotic said:

I like the king. He works hard and has the discipline do whatever role he's asked to do. He also allegedly punched a jute mink. I hope he sticks to the belgium football forums.

There are a number of others who do less for their wages. 

I'm quite sure the likes of Connor Barron can also work hard and do it for a fraction of what Ojo earns. When we are running a wages to turnover ratio of over 80% there's not a hope in hell he should be getting an extension. For a player who's ability should only make him a squad player a youth player getting promoted to the first team can do the same. 

1 minute ago, DunbartonshireRed said:

I'm quite sure the likes of Connor Barron can also work hard and do it for a fraction of what Ojo earns. When we are running a wages to turnover ratio of over 80% there's not a hope in hell he should be getting an extension. For a player who's ability should only make him a squad player a youth player getting promoted to the first team can do the same. 

Pretty sure Barron would struggle at RB but never mind.

Happy to keep Ojo. He has been one of our better, more consistent performers this season and has shown some versatility, too. Clearly someone Glass rates highly and trusts. I don't think he's a great player, but he's a good, solid player at this level, and every squad needs some of those.