The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

On 15/01/2022 at 11:43, Frank Grimes said:

As others have said I like Zander Clark and hopefully he gets better with age

He’ll likely be a Scotland squad regular for years to come and that’s not to be sniffed at

However this really only makes sense to me if Joe says he wants to leave at the end of the season 

Which, considering he’s contracted until 2024…..would be unlikely?

My theory is that they’ll maybe compete for a season or two for the jersey, with Lewis gradually taking a back seat to take his badges and replace Marshall as GK coach.

If he is planning to leave then we’re as well keeping it quiet for now, first hint of a mistake and half the support will be saying his heads away.

21 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Joel Sked in the Scotsman now reporting that the club will no longer pursue McGrath.

No being funny but this is probably the least surprising headline of the window. He seems to have been destined for England and even one of Scotlands better paying clubs cant compete.

12 hours ago, anotherchance said:

My theory is that they’ll maybe compete for a season or two for the jersey, with Lewis gradually taking a back seat to take his badges and replace Marshall as GK coach.

If he is planning to leave then we’re as well keeping it quiet for now, first hint of a mistake and half the support will be saying his heads away.

Zander Clark is not going to sign for a club where he’s told he’ll be on the bench.

Shame regarding McGrath as he would have been a decent player for us imo.

Regarding, Jack Tucker and Zander Clark. I can't see either of them signing for us. They'll be looking for moves down south. 

I think we should just be pleased to see Glass move on some dross this window.

Polvara may very well be our only signing this window.

Hopefully come the summer we are better equipped for the transfer window.

I do recall Glass saying something along the lines of 'we want our business done before the Rangers game'. I'm aware it's probably just platitudes to the press but it's all a bit deflating for a team that has struggled this season. We absolutely need a creative winger and a backup striker, as a minimum, if we have any desire to finish in the top 4.

10 minutes ago, Alex_14 said:

I do recall Glass saying something along the lines of 'we want our business done before the Rangers game'. I'm aware it's probably just platitudes to the press but it's all a bit deflating for a team that has struggled this season. We absolutely need a creative winger and a backup striker, as a minimum, if we have any desire to finish in the top 4.

Of course he wanted the business done for the Rangers game. It's not his job to do that though.

3 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Of course he wanted the business done for the Rangers game. It's not his job to do that though.

I'm not really blaming him. Just saying it's pretty shite from the club. I'm not actually in bedwetter mode though, I'm aware the market and budget we are competing at means our business will be done circa 31st Jan.