The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Just now, kingjoey said:

I know that some of what he said is standard “new club” type interview, but not many ex-players, particularly if they’ve been there for all of their football life from childhood, throws their previous club under a bus.

It obviously does matter to you.

He didn’t throw his team under a bus, he said it was nice to be chased by a club that clearly wanted to sign him.

It really doesn’t matter to me, I have little to no interest in these interviews which are notoriously repetitive.

Just now, G51 said:

He didn’t throw his team under a bus, he said it was nice to be chased by a club that clearly wanted to sign him.

It really doesn’t matter to me, I have little to no interest in these interviews which are notoriously repetitive.

I actually agree. He hasn’t said anything that controversial and player interviews are horrendously dull. 

They’re basically trained to say absolutely nothing of any note. 

22 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I'm not sure if I would say "significantly worse" but he didn't seem to have the same appetite for the challenge by 2020 and, in my opinion, that can be traced back to the summer of 2017.

He did lose key players in McLean, Jack and Hayes whilst Rooney's usefulness was coming to an end which was impossible to replace in such a short period but by 2020 we were finishing 4th under clubs with considerable less resources than ourselves in Killie and Motherwell. This wasn't Hearts or even Hibs, although by his last season the latter were on course to push his team down to at least 4th.

In my view and it might well be a heap of shite, he's need to find that appetite and start all over again in a league lower than he's been use to over the last ten years. He's an older manager now seemingly on the downward spiral.  Clarke was 54 when he took over at Killie was able to resurrect himself and McInnes is four years younger. However, McInnes starts from a lower base than Clarke.

But I hope McInnes does well*, I just don't think he will....

*Although I would prefer and love to see Arbroath win the title

So you’re basically saying things went a bit stale in the last few years after he lost the core of his best team. I totally agree. 

But it didn’t make him a worse manager. He just followed the cycle. 

4 minutes ago, big al said:

A loan to Dunfermline til end of the season might be an idea for Barron. They are needing to bolster their midfield and he would get tested against full time pros. Also give a better indication of where he’s at.

He’s been recalled to join the first team squad. Going nowhere in January.

4 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

The kerfuffle during the Sevco double header in 2017 when it began to sour for me although I accept that the first question was rhetorical.

Because I think he needs a fresh approach and outlook to the Killie job and forget about trying to recreate the past down at Rugby Park. 

Things looking ominous straight away down Rugby Park way then.

7 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Do you care to elaborate? 

"A heap" suggests you think everything is shite; however, it starts off with a fact, the Killie's No1 target was Jack Ross.

So you tell me exactly what you think is shite and allow me the opportunity to respond...

Jack Ross wasn’t no. 1 target.

8 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Do you care to elaborate? 

"A heap" suggests you think everything is shite; however, it starts off with a fact, the Killie's No1 target was Jack Ross.

So you tell me exactly what you think is shite and allow me the opportunity to respond...

Ross wasn't even one of our targets, never mind our main one, you absolute fucking slaver. 

8 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Centre of the park.

Not the best finish mind you 🤣

Kelly fans singing his praises on twitter.

I can't keep up with all these new teams in the league, Coo Rangers are another one I think.