The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

2 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Exactly, I keep reading people saying that Ramsey will be a big loss but I don't know what that is based on. Our results seem to be impacted negatively when he's in the team.

In six months, a big donkey like Porteous might have crocked him and he'll be worthless to us.

Post of the year👍

2 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Exactly, I keep reading people saying that Ramsey will be a big loss but I don't know what that is based on. Our results seem to be impacted negatively when he's in the team.

He may well go onto have a glittering career as, perhaps, better coaches work on his game, especially his positional sense. Although, you never know what turns a player's career can take, sometimes positive and sometimes negative so nothing is guaranteed.

IF, we can get £4 million upfront for him and then it would be a great piece of business for us. If he does go on to 100 Scottish caps, Guffball gold medals, and wins the Anglo-Italian-Spanish-German League then supporters might claim that we robbed ourselves. However, that's neither here nor there at this present time, if we can get a good price for him (starting at £4 million) then, I believe, we should take it and wish the boy all the best.

In six months, a big donkey like Porteous might have crocked him and he'll be worthless to us.

It's exciting seeing a genuine young prospect coming through and ideally i'd like him to stay and help us win stuff. 

He might get crocked or not improve but he might be great. I'd rather he was great with us

I can however accept pur place in the pecking order and that it makes sense for the club to sell if the price is right. The 25% of any fee or whatever that makes it back into the playing budget will be some comfort, but it's weird to me seeing fans aspiring to sell our most talented players. 

I expect i'll get called "yer da" for this. 

1 minute ago, coprolite said:

It's exciting seeing a genuine young prospect coming through and ideally i'd like him to stay and help us win stuff. 

He might get crocked or not improve but he might be great. I'd rather he was great with us

I can however accept pur place in the pecking order and that it makes sense for the club to sell if the price is right. The 25% of any fee or whatever that makes it back into the playing budget will be some comfort, but it's weird to me seeing fans aspiring to sell our most talented players. 

I expect i'll get called "yer da" for this. 

I guess you have to look at what means more to your club at this present time, £4m or Calvin?

Going by the losses Cormack has been spouting, he may be very grateful of the £4m.

Sometimes you don’t know what you have until it’s gone. Ramsay is the best player, with the highest ceiling, I can recall coming through the academy in a long, long time. 

If there is a drop off in our results when he plays, I would very much argue that correlation does not imply causation. 

27 minutes ago, BrendanGalloway said:

What losses? 

The losses due to no fans last season. Did he not claim that was in the millions?

£5.19m

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aberdeen-announce-sobering-519m-losses-25502269.amp

Edited by johnnydun

25 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

The losses due to no fans last season. Did he not claim that was in the millions?

£5.19m

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aberdeen-announce-sobering-519m-losses-25502269.amp

We re they not operating losses, to be offset by player sales (x2) and covid insurance payout?

3 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Cormack actually spoke about emulating Nordsjaelland's youth strategy back in July. 

He discusses the possibility at 25:13 on the timeline of the video above.

If you have the time I'd recommend listening to the whole podcast.

Edited by HarleyQuinn

12 hours ago, big al said:

We re they not operating losses, to be offset by player sales (x2) and covid insurance payout?

Aye, £8m operating losses over the last 2 full seasons.

However McKenna and Cosgrove brought in £5m, there was business interruption  insurance (as Hibs had as well, not sure all clubs did) and Aberdeen also took the interest free Scottish Govt loan - all of them together probably covered those two seasons.

Clearly the govt loan will need paid back at some point, but its not pressing.

1 hour ago, DunbartonshireRed said:

Hamilton Accies have signed a centre half this morning. Maybe Jamie Hamilton on the move? We were linked with him in the summer. Let's hope for a busy month with some exciting signings. Reckon we might get McGrath and a couple of players from MLS would be my bet. 

We will only be signing players to improve the team if some of our better players leave, unfortunately.