The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

36 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Although he has underwhelmed so far, I would venture that Gallagher is probably our best option for the middle of a back three/five when everybody is fit and if Glass did want to play that system. 

I think he'd thrive in a back three with Brown playing central and organising.

From what I've seen, he was brilliant at Livi with Halkett organising. Brilliant for Scotland with Tierney etc organising. Brilliant at Motherwell with Hartley organising but turned to shit when he became main man.

8 hours ago, scottorae said:

He’ll be playing on Wednesday night as Mcrorie suspended

Hopefully he comes up with the goods tomorrow night and shows the manager he's worth keeping.

He needs a big game for the Dons to proves the doubters, like me, wrong and play for Aberdeen like he played for Scotland that night in Belgrade

Edited by Bogbrush1903

On 20/12/2021 at 20:58, Merkland Red said:

I think he'd thrive in a back three with Brown playing central and organising.

From what I've seen, he was brilliant at Livi with Halkett organising. Brilliant for Scotland with Tierney etc organising. Brilliant at Motherwell with Hartley organising but turned to shit when he became main man.

We pushed him out on the left of a back 3 and used him to roam up the wings. Worked absolutely perfectly for us, as long as he had someone with a bit of pace next to him (which Halkett did) then he'll be fine. That's the issue I see with Brown being next to him though

16 minutes ago, big al said:

There’s no way Sturgeon will back down and delay the ban on fans, she hates football.

Presumably the leaders of places like Germany and Wales also hate football?

Or maybe there is another reason.........................

10 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Presumably the leaders of places like Germany and Wales also hate football?

Or maybe there is another reason.........................

If you’re saying you agree with no fans at football, then there’s no point in us discussing it. Have a good night.

We've far too many players that are contributing nothing or next to nothing in the squad for whatever reason and none of whom would be missed in...

Gallagher, Devlin, McGinn, McGeouch, McLennan, Gurr, Samuels, Kennedy, Longstaff and Jenks (slightly unfair because he's set up six points for us this season but other than the two goals we haven't seen much of him)

We've two players that no longer want to be here in Hedges and Ferguson.

The aforementioned mentioned McGeouch and Ojo will leave in the summer.

An influential player in Scott Brown who will be 37 next season, and a soon to be 35 year old returning from serious injury in Considine.

We might be able to generate funds from the sale of Calvin Ramsey but the squad requires considerable rebuild which can't be solved in two or three transfer windows.

If anyone thinks this is just a season of  'transition' then I think they're in for a disappointment next season.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

8 hours ago, big al said:

If you’re saying you agree with no fans at football, then there’s no point in us discussing it. Have a good night.

Except he's obviously not saying that. He's suggesting there's another reason for this than the tinfoil hat one you suggested in your post.

58 minutes ago, lennyzer0 said:

Except he's obviously not saying that. He's suggesting there's another reason for this than the tinfoil hat one you suggested in your post.

I read it as his other reason was ‘the health and safety of people was priority over fans attending games’.

Presume I’m wrong then?

26 minutes ago, big al said:

I read it as his other reason was ‘the health and safety of people was priority over fans attending games’.

Presume I’m wrong then?

Dunno - I'm not him, but but there's no mention of whether fans should or shouldn't be allowed to go to games, he's just (rightly) pointing out that the reason you suggested is not backed by any evidence whatsoever.

Sorry to be the harbinger of doom... AGAIN!  But we are the very definition of mid-table mediocrity, absolute fvkking fodder.

We've spent a fortune and have literally fvk-all to show for it. 😪 

There is not a single team in the league that we can have any confidence of beating.

How the hell, we're getting so little from this squad I do not know.

Yours, it's nae eese ava!

aDONis