The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

If we had been as clinical with taking chances as we were today in other games this season when we have given goals away, we would be sitting on a far higher points total. I really couldn’t give a shit if we gift two goals a game, as long as we score three or four ourselves. 

On a simplistic note, if Hearts and United both lose tomorrow, we will be four points off fourth and six points off third on the same games played.

20 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

According to their fans, there's not an ounce of fight in them.

Depends who we play.

MacPherson and Crawford are soft as shite. Wouldn't be stunned if Craig/Davidson/Bryson are all regularly played over the next month.

21 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

If we had been as clinical with taking chances as we were today in other games this season when we have given goals away, we would be sitting on a far higher points total. I really couldn’t give a shit if we gift two goals a game, as long as we score three or four ourselves. 

On a simplistic note, if Hearts and United both lose tomorrow, we will be four points off fourth and six points off third on the same games played.

This is a nice sentiment but history tells you teams with this approach are not successful. 

32 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I fully expect it to be nine behind Hearts as I can't see them dropping points at Livingston tomorrow.

Dundee United haven't had much in the way of injuries or suspensions yet. They will and they will slide down the table

St Johnstone and Hibs are both struggling to recapture their form from the first half of 2021 and our tails should be up after two relatively straightforward home wins.

If Glass can finish off with at least four wins before the midwinter break then the damage would be minimal. Three wins and a draw at Hibs wouldn't be a disaster either.

The defence is definitely not watertight but, aside from Sevco, I don't expect St Johnstone, Dundee or Ross County to really test it. Hibs seem to be struggling although with Martin Boyle there's always a concern.

Of course all this might be wishful thinking but a bit of belief can go a long way.

I know this season is not what Dons fans expect , but after watching streams of the Hearts game at Pittodrie , Ibrox game and most of that St.Mirren game today , my opinion is that things are not  "that" bad .. Played some great football and from what ive seen is far more exciting than the turgid stuff of McInnes .. So far id say Hearts are the best of  the rest  , Hibs current form is rank ( semi apart ) , Dundee Utd are tough to beat but have lost 3 out of 5 .. Motherwell can give anyone a game ..  My guess is after the festive games Aberdeen will be in a much better place.. The players are defo showing desire and theres still the 2 young full backs to come back .. Marathon ,not sprint ,in this League..

35 minutes ago, Chefki Kuqi said:

I'm surprised to see anything but positivity here.

Since Cormack went on Sportsound and shouted at Kenny McIntyre you've barely put a foot wrong as far as I can see.

Getting bullied by Motherwell was particularly disappointing following excellent results against Hibs and Hearts, and being cheated by Beaton. Can't really blame the team for Madden's incompetence vs Utd either. Missed the Celtic game so can't comment.

Overall you're not far wrong. Cormack's public vociferous backing of Glass has clearly sparked a reaction. It's all about consistency now. Would like to see 4 wins in the rest of December, but I'd take 3 wins and a draw at Easter Road.

Guest Bob Mahelp
46 minutes ago, Chefki Kuqi said:

Since Cormack went on Sportsound and shouted at Kenny McIntyre you've barely put a foot wrong as far as I can see.

It's not negativity to point out that our defence needs working on. 

Not every game will be the free-flowing attacking masterclass of yesterday. Some matches we'll have to dig out narrow, flukey, shitfested wins where the attack doesn't function. 

It's easier to do that on a consistent basis if you can tighten up the defence a bit and stop conceding goals. 

7 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

The matches against livi and St Mirren confirmed for me that JET offers more than both Bruce Anderson and Curtis Main for whom he replaced. 

100%

JET is the ultimate in "enigmatic player" but at his best he is a very clever skillful player who has contributed to goals this week.

Anderson looked for Livi like he did for Aberdeen - lightweight , ineffective and with a weak shot.

The fact he tried to show a nasty streak against us and looked laughable too is another fail.

2 hours ago, Chefki Kuqi said:

Some, not all, would say losing 3 games in a row was a bad move. 

21 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Some, not all, would say losing 3 games in a row was a bad move. 

That had passed me by in fairness, slightly more understandable. 

Something about losing to Tam Courts that rankles for no discernible reason. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
13 minutes ago, Chefki Kuqi said:

That had passed me by in fairness, slightly more understandable. 

Something about losing to Tam Courts that rankles for no discernible reason. 

The reason is very discernible. It's because he's a c**t.