The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Guest Bob Mahelp

I was going to post a photo of Lawrence Shankland, because if any Scottish player is 'El Cubo', it's him, and then I came across a photo of him in his young days. Apparently it is him.

You shouldn't laugh at kids, I know. But....

Lawrence Shankland opens up on his youth career – Youth Football Scotland

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I was going to post a photo of Lawrence Shankland, because if any Scottish player is 'El Cubo', it's him, and then I came across a photo of him in his young days. Apparently it is him.

I thought he was a ***?

7 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Tefal heed trained with Hearts as a youngest according to the article where the photo appeared.

I'm not sure about the wisdom of the Mohican under such circumstances.

https://www.youthfootballscotland.co.uk/lawrence-shankland-opens-up-on-his-youth-career/

3 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Didn't realise relegation battles could be this enjoyable.

Assuming Celtic win tomorrow, we will finish the weekend just four points off fourth place. The relegation chat was perhaps just a touch premature. 

6 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Assuming Celtic win tomorrow, we will finish the weekend just four points off fourth place. The relegation chat was perhaps just a touch premature. 

I mentioned it yesterday but when we're on it going forward then we're really fucking good.

Happy to sacrifice chances at the back if we're going to be as clinical as that going forward.

6 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I mentioned it yesterday but when we're on it going forward then we're really fucking good.

Happy to sacrifice chances at the back if we're going to be as clinical as that going forward.

Hmm not so sure. Days like today are great but you play so open every week and the law of averages determines that results will be erratic at best. 

6 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Yeah. When it has been good this season, it has tended to be very good. It is fine to say that we need to be more compact and pragmatic, but you also need the players to make that work - I'm not sure either McCrorie or Bates, as good as both have been this week, along with Ojo and Hayes at full-back is the sort of defence you would want to be executing that type of game plan. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
13 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

It's hard to think of a succesful side anywhere, with a shite defence. 

It would be nice if we could be the first, but I think that may be unlikely. 

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Fair. 

I mean, if we replaced Ramirez with lewandowski and hedges with messi then I’m cool with it. 

Marley obviously stays. 

Ha. I actually thought Marley hung Hayes out to dry a bit in the second half. Was a bit lazy tracking his man and left Hayes against two several times.

3 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Yeah. When it has been good this season, it has tended to be very good. It is fine to say that we need to be more compact and pragmatic, but you also need the players to make that work - I'm not sure either McCrorie or Bates, as good as both have been this week, along with Ojo and Hayes at full-back is the sort of defence you would want to be executing that type of game plan. 

They maybe need a fair run of games together but I can't say I'd be hoping to see the pair of them line up together next season.

1 minute ago, Bob Mahelp said:

It's hard to think of a succesful side anywhere, with a shite defence. 

It would be nice if we could be the first, but I think that may be unlikely. 

Aberdeen won today, playing very good football. Maybe next week we can go back to keeping it tight at the back and playing it long to the big man in the channels.