The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

6 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

I was looking on the club website and as far as I can see, PPV for the game tonight isn’t being advertised anywhere. There’s no info on how to purchase it at all. Surely on the day of the game they should be making it obvious how to do this.

I know I can go on the PPV site directly to buy it but not everyone would be aware of this. The site should really be more accommodating for mugs like me who are willing to pay £14 to watch what will no doubt be a turgid display.

They did Tweet about it but you'd think they would have it advertised on the main site. 

On 29/11/2021 at 23:10, tamthebam said:

... especially one with a defence like City's!

We'll get stuffed but I'll enjoy my day out. I've not been to Pittodrie since my student days in the early 90s.

How has young Schwake been doing? Heard good things from is previous loan spell

45 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

How has young Schwake been doing? Heard good things from is previous loan spell

He's been terrible, awful, not worth recalling from loan, not at all, not at all..... :whistle

Spoiler

Just about MOTM most weeks and has saved us from a few hidings... 

27 minutes ago, meanmistermustard said:

The upper Richard Donald stand has been closed for tonight and those in it like me have been moved. Is this a normal occurance or are ticket sales lower than expected? I’m not caring that I’ve been moved, just wondering.

That's been closed for all the recent games including Celtic.

I think tonight's attendance will be so low that they'll have to revert to the previous system of counting tickets sold (including non-attending STHs), rather than the actual attendance (which was convenient for bypassing Covid checks). This may get round the fact that the Glass revolution has already produced mass apathy.

2 hours ago, meanmistermustard said:

The upper Richard Donald stand has been closed for tonight and those in it like me have been moved. Is this a normal occurance or are ticket sales lower than expected? I’m not caring that I’ve been moved, just wondering.

The last few home games you haven't been able to buy tickets for the RDU but for some reason they had it unlocked for tonight. Must have been a mistake in their ticket system.

Going by this it looks like Hernandez might be on his way back. It just says his loan is due to end this month with no mention of an extension or permanent deal.

Hard to see him being back here long if at all. I'm sure a deal will be worked out with someone either in North or South America.

1 hour ago, Rodhull said:

Going by this it looks like Hernandez might be on his way back. It just says his loan is due to end this month with no mention of an extension or permanent deal.

Hard to see him being back here long if at all. I'm sure a deal will be worked out with someone either in North or South America.

Aye, there's no way he's coming back to Aberdeen. The player wouldn't want to and the club want rid of him.

34 minutes ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

I'm going to say it, I'm not overly fussed if Hedges goes come January. 500k or whatever will come in handy. 

I know he scored last night and have an impressive first half. 

I just don't think we should be making him one of our highest paid players. 

Glass has been coy over contract talks with Hedges. No chance he is staying. I am concerned with whom his replacement will be. Recruitment has been mixed at best under Glass. Really hoping Mowbray can improve us on that front.

19 hours ago, Rodhull said:

I doubt they're even real people.

Do Atlanta only really have 1 goalie on their books? 

3 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

What chance our January window signings are Mo Adams, Josh Bauer, Alec Kann, Ben Lundgaard, Cubo Torres  ?

"Erick Estéfano Torres Padilla is a Mexican professional footballer who plays as a striker. He is nicknamed "El Cubo" due to his large, cubical shaped head".

Cult hero in the making.

3 hours ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

I'm going to say it, I'm not overly fussed if Hedges goes come January. 500k or whatever will come in handy. 

I know he scored last night and have an impressive first half. 

I just don't think we should be making him one of our highest paid players. 

I feel he's a guy whose contribution will always be patchy & possibly will always be injury prone.  Having said that if he'd stayed fit and played consistently near the top of his game he'd have been long gone.  There's always going to be a temptation to think cashing in on that sort of player when he's fit and playing well is the smart move.  It would not surprise me if he quickly disappears without trace at a slightly more moneyed club.  But we could still struggle to replace him on our budget.

28 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

"Erick Estéfano Torres Padilla is a Mexican professional footballer who plays as a striker. He is nicknamed "El Cubo" due to his large, cubical shaped head".

Cult hero in the making.

El Cubo 🤣