The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

6 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Sounds odd to my auld ears but - according to the youngsters - 'baller' is a massive compliment.

I never noticed “baller” as a term of affection until I saw it many years ago on Soccer AM, when that programme was actually quite good, a long, long time ago. Come to think about it, I’ve noticed on various posts on here in the recent past the term “Mrs Lovejoy”, the meaning of which I have no idea.

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

I never noticed “baller” as a term of affection until I saw it many years ago on Soccer AM, when that programme was actually quite good, a long, long time ago. Come to think about it, I’ve noticed on various posts on here in the recent past the term “Mrs Lovejoy”, the meaning of which I have no idea.

It’s nothing to do with Tim lovejoy, in case all your pop culture references come from soccer am

5 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I think 'Lovejoy' is a P&Bism.  I'm sure I read a definition (probably on the COVID thread) but it had nothing to do with Ian McShane.

Guest Bob Mahelp

The bottom of the league creeping ever closer to us. 

The game on Wednesday against Livi and the St Mirren game are starting to look very, very important. 

15 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

The bottom of the league creeping ever closer to us. 

The game on Wednesday against Livi and the St Mirren game are starting to look very, very important. 

I think these next few games are Glass's last chance to turn it around. Although, he should be able to offload a fair few players and potentially replace them in January I doubt DC will trust him to do this unless we improve.

Worried we are replicating Hearts a couple of seasons ago, potentially even with the Covid interrupted season. This means we need points soon. I think Glass is a great bloke and was one of my favourite players, but we are at risk of a serious mess here.

25 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Glass will be getting the season, that much is obvious.

Will Dave beef the squad up a bit in January? Reinforcements at full back required.

How long until Ramsay is due back?

Will Dave beef the squad up a bit in January? Reinforcements at full back required.
If we're to continue wasting time with Glass then aye, McCormack needs to back his man big time in January.

2 wins in 16 for Glass (2 wins, 3 draws, 11 losses) and we have lost the joint most games in the league this season. By contrast McInnes's last 16 games was 4 wins, 6 draws, 6 defeats.

By any measure, it's clear Glass is out of his depth as manager and things have got worse since March.

However I genuinely hope he pulls 2 wins out of nowhere this week. Otherwise we are in for a very bleak winter.

26 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

It's a large squad, so imagine a few need to go out first.

That would involve clubs wanting any the players the club would want to move on in January, which is unlikely - albeit presumably some of the loan signings can be returned?

That's the much discussed 'tough run of fixtures' over - Glass needs to do a hell of a lot better against the upcoming opponents than earlier in the season to deserve the chance to keep this project going.

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

How long until Ramsay is due back?

Was back in training this week.

1 minute ago, BucksburnDandy said:

If we're to continue wasting time with Glass then aye, McCormack needs to back his man big time in January.

2 wins in 16 for Glass (2 wins, 3 draws, 11 losses) and we have lost the joint most games in the league this season. By contrast McInnes's last 16 games was 4 wins, 6 draws, 6 defeats.

By any measure, it's clear Glass is out of his depth as manager and things have got worse since March.

However I genuinely hope he pulls 2 wins out of nowhere this week. Otherwise we are in for a very bleak winter.

I hope he turns it around but can't see him being here next season. 

I'd still rather see what we're seeing than what we saw under McInnes. Unfortunately it's mistakes costing us at the moment. 

We've had a lot of bad luck too. Seen some say we didn't get enough depth in at defence. We've more depth than we did last season but managed to see it through until Sheerin played the kids.

6 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

It's a large squad, so imagine a few need to go out first.

That would involve clubs wanting any the players the club would want to move on in January, which is unlikely - albeit presumably some of the loan signings can be returned?

That's the much discussed 'tough run of fixtures' over - Glass needs to do a hell of a lot better against the upcoming opponents than earlier in the season to deserve the chance to keep this project going.

Good post. 

Longstaff will be gone. Jenks might be kept incase Ferguson goes.

Expecting JET to get the "we wish him the best with his career" treatment.

I hope he turns it around but can't see him being here next season. 
I'd still rather see what we're seeing than what we saw under McInnes. Unfortunately it's mistakes costing us at the moment. 
We've had a lot of bad luck too. Seen some say we didn't get enough depth in at defence. We've more depth than we did last season but managed to see it through until Sheerin played the kids.
Neither what McInnes served up from November to March or Glass April to now is anywhere near good enough. I personally wouldn't choose to watch either.

Having moved away during the pandemic, I've only been to the Motherwell home game this season, it's difficult to justify spending more money to watch this team and I find that really depressing.

For what it is worth, I agree that Glass'll be here all season