The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

4 hours ago, House Bartender said:

Our era. As an excuse for my stupidity I've never seen CCBB. And of course the source story was written by the same man who created Goldfinger. ("No, Mr Potts, I expect you to drive!")

I'm late 40s, how on Earth do you get to your age without seeing CCBB?

Have got tickets for the Livingston and St Mirren homes games at the beginning of December staying up in hotel. Really looking forward to it and cannot wait. Staying up by Cove Rangers ground and they are playing the night I arrive. 

Was also a nice bonus to see cashback when buying match tickets which you can put towards future purchases including match tickets, a nice touch by the club.

9 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Not too sure about the maths of this being a 'new' 5 year deal up to end of 25/26 as presumably they're already contracted for this season which would make it a 4 year deal at best. I'm assuming they signed this a while back and had a change of PR strategy and moved away from the low key mentions of a multi year deal they do when they announce a new strip.

Not complaining though, this season's strips have been the best in a while.

2 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Not too sure about the maths of this being a 'new' 5 year deal up to end of 25/26 as presumably they're already contracted for this season which would make it a 4 year deal at best. I'm assuming they signed this a while back and had a change of PR strategy and moved away from the low key mentions of a multi year deal they do when they announce a new strip.

Not complaining though, this season's strips have been the best in a while.

TBF, probably wasn't the time to announce it when we were losing every week.

4 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

TBF, probably wasn't the time to announce it when we were losing every week.

I'm assuming the years are done by seasons rather than calendar years in which case it could have been announced when the deal was likely done in the summer before the season started.

Accounts-Ooft. 

Player sales mitigated the loss and MacCormark has covered the deficit so we're not in imminent danger of folding, is the good news. 

Reported transfer fees of £3m, £2m and £400k suggest we should have an intangible gain over £5m. We have under £3m. I suspect the reporing may have been over enthusiastic. 

Staff costs fell, there' s no exceptional costs and the intangibles include "compensation". That suggests to me that a chunk of the £2m difference between reported fees and gains is severance for previous management. Any of our beancounters know if that's likely? 

2 hours ago, coprolite said:

Accounts-Ooft. 

Player sales mitigated the loss and MacCormark has covered the deficit so we're not in imminent danger of folding, is the good news. 

Reported transfer fees of £3m, £2m and £400k suggest we should have an intangible gain over £5m. We have under £3m. I suspect the reporing may have been over enthusiastic. 

Staff costs fell, there' s no exceptional costs and the intangibles include "compensation". That suggests to me that a chunk of the £2m difference between reported fees and gains is severance for previous management. Any of our beancounters know if that's likely? 

I've no inside knowledge on actual numbers but it seems plausible to me.  I always assumed getting rid of McInnes and his team would have been very expensive.  You can't keep a manager who's twice been offered jobs by much richer clubs without giving him a contract that involves a really big payout if you sack him.

I didn't think we were terrible between the boxes, but definitely lacked creativity when we got into the final third. Watkins and Hedges were both poor. Good control for the most part, especially second half, but need to do more with it. 

I don't want to be too harsh on Glass, though, because the injury list is outrageous and Madden does completely screw us over with the red card. We ended the game with Brown and Campbell at centre-back, which is ridiculous.