The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

29 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

It would be a massive blow if Ramsay is out for a while. Still a relatively small sample size, but I don't think it's too big of a stretch to argue that he is already our best player.

Ramsay is a close second behind Watkins for me. 

Keep Watkins, Hedges and Ramirez fit and healthy and we should be ok.

1 hour ago, Rodhull said:

I don't know what anyone is hoping to achieve sending abusive messages on social media to players for their own team but to send it to their relatives is absolute weirdo behaviour.

Let's be honest, there's an element of our support that would give the dregs of the OF a run for their money.

Ramsay is our most valuable asset by a considerable distance but think it’s too soon to say he’s currently our best player. 

The lad has bags of potential and has been brilliant but let’s not pretend he’s been perfect defensively (some of that is the system but he’s made mistakes too). 

Again, possibly due to the system but he does so much running from the first whistle that he can’t really last 90 minutes yet. That will come as he develops physically and with experience though. 

In short, I’d rather not put too much pressure on him by putting him on too much of a pedestal just yet. Just let him develop. 

22 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

giant of the game!

Hmmm, an agent provocateur methinks but, of course, on a personal level I have the deepest sympathies for his family.

Maybe one day someone will write an honest account of what took place in the 1990s and the lasting damage it caused Scottish Football, although I doubt it and we'll be reduced to superlatives like this.

However, today is not the day for it, so RIP Walter Smith.

38 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

A rumour going round the WhatsApp groups that the game may be postponed due to Walter Smith passing away.

Really can't see it but would absolutely be behind this for a giant of the game!

That thought has occured to me also.

I personally think it is a marvelous idea and only fitting under the circumstances.

6 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

A rumour going round the WhatsApp groups that the game may be postponed due to Walter Smith passing away.

Really can't see it but would absolutely be behind this for a giant of the game!

Why would trading as Rangers postpone a game for somebody who never managed them? 

Lewis, Bates, McCrorie, Brown, Hayes, Longstaff, Ferguson, Ojo, Hedges, Watkins, Ramirez. 

I think it will be a case of organising the above eleven names into some sort of semi-plausible formation and praying that we don't get any further injuries, tbh.