The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

It was incoherent, playing to the gallery, rabble rousing pish. I didn’t think he could top the absolute drivel interview with ‘Alex Ferguson told me to hire someone who will win in glasgow’ rubbish, but he did. . 

As I said before, we’re all entitled to our opinion, but I simply don’t agree with your take on last night’s interview. For more than a few weeks now, Cormack has been getting stick for saying nothing during this concerning run. Yesterday he gets an invite from the BBC to come on for a live interview on Sportsound, and accepts knowing full well that opinion would be divided on what he was going to say. If he had turned down the invitation Kenny McIntyre would have said at the start of the programme that they are going to discuss the situation at Aberdeen, that they had invited Cormack onto the show, and that he had declined. The stick that he would have received for that would have been huge. Basically he couldn’t win whatever, but decided to put his head above the parapet and take the kind of flak that you are giving him.

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

McCormack is definitely plugged in,doubling down on the safety Glass,it reminds me of wee Fergus and the pish he had to deal with.  
The 5 year plan isn't going to plan,asking for patience and to look at the bigger picture when Aberdeen are about 20 years behind the rest of the clubs in the league.
The infrastructure of the club is going to affect the team on the park and lets face it, it should've been done years ago.
Pointing the finger and making Pittodrie a Tesco wasn't going to be popular,results on the park become less important.
He will go through 2 or 3 managers before the infrastructure is complete but Aberdeen as a club will be in a better place.

I am genuinely interested in what way you feel that Aberdeen are about 20 years behind the rest of the clubs in the league?

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

As I said before, we’re all entitled to our opinion, but I simply don’t agree with your take on last night’s interview. For more than a few weeks now, Cormack has been getting stick for saying nothing during this concerning run. Yesterday he gets an invite from the BBC to come on for a live interview on Sportsound, and accepts knowing full well that opinion would be divided on what he was going to say. If he had turned down the invitation Kenny McIntyre would have said at the start of the programme that they are going to discuss the situation at Aberdeen, that they had invited Cormack onto the show, and that he had declined. The stick that he would have received for that would have been huge. Basically he couldn’t win whatever, but decided to put his head above the parapet and take the kind of flak that you are giving him.

He forgot the Stand free quote disappointing Davie.

22 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I can’t really speak for anyone else. 

I wouldn’t have given him stick for turning down Kenny macintyre, my heart sank when the club were broadcasting the fact he would be on. 

He doesn’t give any substance, just a lot of noise. The only actual information we received last night was that glass won’t be sacked. The rest was just self serving pish. 

7 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

In terms of a modern football club Aberdeen are way behind,The fact of just having a training centre in use recently is one example.

What are the others?

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Joey, he was getting stick because you couldn't shut him up when things were going well. Especially when fans were blowing smoke up his arse.

First sign of trouble with his man in the hot seat and he was nowhere to be seen.

Didn't want to be seen undermining the management apparently. I had decided a long time ago that McInnes' time was up but Cormack had no issue publicly shooting his mouth about anything and everything when he was thre.

55 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Surely having a brand new training facility would put us ahead of most clubs in the league.

What does Cormack Park have?

Our indoor facilities are basic I think, but we've got an all weather pitch and 2 grass pitches for training on at the ground. Always wondered where that would rank against other clubs in terms of owned facilities.