The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

10 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I’m not a doom and gloom merchant. That was embarrassing. That is not what I want from an Aberdeen FC chairman. 

Didn’t see that in any way embarrassing. I’ll give you unusual, but not embarrassing. Chairman comes out on live radio to back his management team and the players is what I’m looking for just now. If that kind of fight rubs off on other people at the club and improves our chances of turning results round, then I’m 100% behind it. 

24 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I’m not a doom and gloom merchant. That was embarrassing. That is not what I want from an Aberdeen FC chairman. 

So what do fans want from an Aberdeen Chairman? I personally loved it as want my chairman to be passionate and come out fighting for my club when under attack rather than hear nothing (the Milne years)

Guest Bob Mahelp

I made the mistake of eventually listening to that car crash. It told me two things.

Firstly, Cormack is batshit mental if he actually believes the things that he's coming out with. 

Secondly, and more importantly, it's obvious that he's taking criticism of our woeful record and of Glass, as personal criticism. As we feared, he's up to his neck in this because appointing an inexperienced mate was his his own, blundering choice. 

That means....and it's fairly obvious....he won't be able to approach this rationally. He'll dig his heels in as criticism grows and he'll treat each attack from media and fans as an attack on him. 

We're stuck with Glass for the long term, because Cormack has no intention of admitting he's failed. 

f**k me. 

Edited by Bob Mahelp

6 minutes ago, Manue Pinero’s golf bag said:

So what do fans want from an Aberdeen Chairman? I personally loved it as want my chairman to be passionate and come out fighting for my club when under attack rather than hear nothing (the Milne years)

We're not under attack tho, we're just terrible. 

Did enjoy the pop at Kenny McIntyre and yes credit for fronting up and going on the radio, excuse me "ray-dee-shjo" but it was a bit unhinged and I think we'd all rather this was happening to someone else. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
3 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

We're not under attack tho, we're just terrible. 

Did enjoy the pop at Kenny McIntyre and yes credit for fronting up and going on the radio, excuse me "ray-dee-shjo" but it was a bit unhinged and I think we'd all rather this was happening to someone else. 

Reminded me of the Hearts banter years, but without beating a 2nd division team in the cup final. 

41 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Didn’t see that in any way embarrassing. I’ll give you unusual, but not embarrassing. Chairman comes out on live radio to back his management team and the players is what I’m looking for just now. If that kind of fight rubs off on other people at the club and improves our chances of turning results round, then I’m 100% behind it. 

It was incoherent, playing to the gallery, rabble rousing pish. I didn’t think he could top the absolute drivel interview with ‘Alex Ferguson told me to hire someone who will win in glasgow’ rubbish, but he did. 

33 minutes ago, Manue Pinero’s golf bag said:

I want for him to do his job, and that’s not it.

Kenny macintyre talking pish on sportsound is not being ‘under attack’ FFS. We’re not paranoid ****. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Can argue about the comments he makes etc., but it's mental that a chairman has actually gone on the radio to hold an in depth interview about a managers future. I can't remember it happening before to this extent? It's just a bit weird.

It's hard not to think the while thing is more about him getting himself out there and getting fans back on his side, rather than actually trying to relieve any pressure on Glass. Seems like some fans might have went for it though, so there's that.

Aye. There's a reason that chairman never go on shows like this.

11 hours ago, kingjoey said:

For the past month or so, “where’s Cormack? He’s saying nothing now and is hiding away.” He comes out on national radio and does a live interview after five losses on the trot, “what a balloon. Talking shite and hasn’t said he’s going to sack Glass.” Most of the crap coming from non-Dons fans mind you. 

22 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You're aware that it would be possible for a chairman to come out in public to back a struggling manager without lashing out at valid criticisms about the manager's experience - claiming managing Atlanta United 2 in the USL Championship is better experience for the Aberdeen job than the Scottish Championship - rambling a load of incoherent pish about possession stats and the 'data' to claim you deserved more points after losing five games in a row, repeatedly shouting '29 games to go', throwing the players under the bus and making fantasy claims about 'the silent majority' of fans backing the manager and Chief Executives of other clubs calling him up to talk about how well they're playing?

There’s nothing funnier in Scottish football than one of the ‘big clubs’ in crisis mode.
That radio meltdown last night is absolute gold.
Glass isn’t the only one showing cracks. More, please.

12 minutes ago, Lex said:

There’s nothing funnier in Scottish football than one of the ‘big clubs’ in crisis mode.
That radio meltdown last night is absolute gold.
Glass isn’t the only one showing cracks. More, please.

I liked his dig at Gerrard having only won one trophy in three years. 😂 

We should have more of these meltdowns. 

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I made the mistake of eventually listening to that car crash. It told me two things.

Firstly, Cormack is batshit mental if he actually believes the things that he's coming out with. 

Secondly, and more importantly, it's obvious that he's taking criticism of our woeful record and of Glass, as personal criticism. As we feared, he's up to his neck in this because appointing an inexperienced mate was his his own, blundering choice. 

That means....and it's fairly obvious....he won't be able to approach this rationally. He'll dig his heels in as criticism grows and he'll treat each attack from media and fans as an attack on him. 

We're stuck with Glass for the long term, because Cormack has no intention of admitting he's failed. 

f**k me. 

McCormack is definitely plugged in,doubling down on the safety Glass,it reminds me of wee Fergus and the pish he had to deal with.  
The 5 year plan isn't going to plan,asking for patience and to look at the bigger picture when Aberdeen are about 20 years behind the rest of the clubs in the league.
The infrastructure of the club is going to affect the team on the park and lets face it, it should've been done years ago.
Pointing the finger and making Pittodrie a Tesco wasn't going to be popular,results on the park become less important.
He will go through 2 or 3 managers before the infrastructure is complete but Aberdeen as a club will be in a better place.

8 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

McCormack is definitely plugged in,doubling down on the safety Glass,it reminds me of wee Fergus and the pish he had to deal with.  
The 5 year plan isn't going to plan,asking for patience and to look at the bigger picture when Aberdeen are about 20 years behind the rest of the clubs in the league.
The infrastructure of the club is going to affect the team on the park and lets face it, it should've been done years ago.
Pointing the finger and making Pittodrie a Tesco wasn't going to be popular,results on the park become less important.
He will go through 2 or 3 managers before the infrastructure is complete but Aberdeen as a club will be in a better place.

I'm not sure what that post means...

2 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

You're aware that it would be possible for a chairman to come out in public to back a struggling manager without lashing out at valid criticisms about the manager's experience - claiming managing Atlanta United 2 in the USL Championship is better experience for the Aberdeen job than the Scottish Championship - rambling a load of incoherent pish about possession stats and the 'data' to claim you deserved more points after losing five games in a row, repeatedly shouting '29 games to go', throwing the players under the bus and making fantasy claims about 'the silent majority' of fans backing the manager and Chief Executives of other clubs calling him up to talk about how well they're playing?

You mentioned “incoherent pish”, and then go on to give a good example of incoherent pish. Clever.

I'd be very worried by that interview if I was an Aberdeen fan. Cormack showing no interest in engaging constructively in the conversation but instead simply reeling off a load of bullet points to justify his own decisions. Rambling and plaintive is never a good look.

If you believe Cormack's interpretation of the data, it would appear that Aberdeen have just been incredibly unlucky. Dominating possession and shots on target and then conceding to clinical opponents. That sort of mindset makes it very difficult to justify any sort of change because why would you change when simply being patient will see the results turn in due course as luck evens itself out. He might be right but I have my doubts.