The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

16 minutes ago, red23 said:

So just a thought here, instead of calling McInnes a c**t etc at every opportunity for having the gall to have us finishing around 2nd/3rd constantly how about maybe think about the idea of the team being disrupted by Cormacks influence. McInnes probably stood up to Cormack which he didn't like, it was clear the two never got on. Maybe worth considering that McInnes did indeed see what was going on and had the clubs best interests at heart. Or you could just keep calling the most successful manager we've had in past 30 years a c**t.....yeah that'll do

Who on here has actually called McInnes a "c**t", though? The mainstream opinion on here amongst our fans appears to be that he did a good job by us but that it was the right time to move on for both parties. That's a fair bit more nuanced than you suggest. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
12 minutes ago, red23 said:

So just a thought here, instead of calling McInnes a c**t etc at every opportunity for having the gall to have us finishing around 2nd/3rd constantly how about maybe think about the idea of the team being disrupted by Cormacks influence. McInnes probably stood up to Cormack which he didn't like, it was clear the two never got on. Maybe worth considering that McInnes did indeed see what was going on and had the clubs best interests at heart. Or you could just keep calling the most successful manager we've had in past 30 years a c**t.....yeah that'll do

I realise that there's no point in going over this, but it was obvious that McInnes's time was up the second Cormack came in and effectively signed Gallagher and bizarrely, Hernandez. 

Whereas...as previously stated....circumstances dictated that McInnes could no longer go on, it's utterly ridiculous some the abuse he got from some Dons fans. Those ones that somehow believed that the grass HAD to be greener, and wanted McInnes out regardless of who came in. 

Sadly, these people got what they wanted. 

I still insist that McInnes left us with a solid base. Consistent league places and regular Hampden appearances. A team that was in general, very hard to beat. 

Cormack had one job to do, and that was get the right man in to build on a base that any club in Scotland outside of the OF would kill for. But no, for reasons that will probably never, ever be fully explained, he went for a man that had never coached a first team game before. 

It all makes you feckin scream, the more you think about it. 

I think there are legitimate criticisms of Cormack, but I'm unconvinced that there is any demonstrable truth in this.
If Cormack was being swayed by what he was reading on social media, he surely would have sacked McInnes earlier than he eventually did? Also, I read people on here saying that McInnes was doomed the second Cormack took over from Milne, which would surely indicate that Cormack's mind would already have been made up and he wouldn't have needed to be placing any stock in the opinions of fans on Twitter? 

If he was so influenced by fans’ opinions on Twitter the he would never have appointed Glass.

57 minutes ago, Highloon said:
1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:
Have I missed something? 

I would have thought it obvious, but the comment relates to the way the County Chairman does not fek around when it comes to firing managers.

Are you planning on hiring big Ron Atkinson? 

6 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

If he was so influenced by fans’ opinions on Twitter the he would never have appointed Glass.

Spot on. There are enough legitimate criticisms to be levelled at Cormack, so I'm not sure why some seem keen on making up ones that don't really have any basis in reality.

9 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I realise that there's no point in going over this, but it was obvious that McInnes's time was up the second Cormack came in and effectively signed Gallagher and bizarrely, Hernandez. 

Whereas...as previously stated....circumstances dictated that McInnes could no longer go on, it's utterly ridiculous some the abuse he got from some Dons fans. Those ones that somehow believed that the grass HAD to be greener, and wanted McInnes out regardless of who came in. 

I still insist that McInnes left us with a solid base. Consistent league places and regular Hampden appearances. A team that was in general, very hard to beat. 

Cormack had one job to do, and that was get the right man in to build on a base that any club in Scotland outside of the OF would kill for. But no, for reasons that will probably never, ever be fully explained, he went for a man that had never coached a first team game before. 

It’s all very Calderwood and McGhee from about 10 years ago.

Didn’t agree with the level of vitriol McInnes got, but time to go certainly.

33 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Who on here has actually called McInnes a "c**t", though? The mainstream opinion on here amongst our fans appears to be that he did a good job by us but that it was the right time to move on for both parties. That's a fair bit more nuanced than you suggest. 

wouldn't say its many on here, but have a read of afc chat (grim i know). The sheer hatred most people i've spoken to have for the man is unbelievable, one even saying he should be banned from pittodrie for what he did and no it wasn't a joke.

37 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I have. 😄

29 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

🤣🤣

1 hour ago, red23 said:

McInnes goes into this in a recent interview in The Times where he's full of praise for Aberdeen as a club - at least up to Cormack's takeover.  He's obviously not willing to come right out and start slagging Cormack - getting a reputation for slagging off your chairman won't improve your chances of getting another job - but you don't need to be Sherlock Holmes to work out the message.  And the interviewer fills in a couple of the gaps just in case you miss what's being said. (The headline is "Derek McInnes: Working With Good People Is Key" which is a pretty good clue about his state of mind.)

McInnes says: There was things about the last year, a lot of things going on that didn’t sit well, and I knew the time was right for the change

The article goes on to say: 

Perhaps we should have seen it coming at Aberdeen, even in the ego-infested shallows of Scottish football, when Cormack’s arrival was heralded not by Aberdeen’s new training complex being named after Sir Alex Ferguson, who dutifully travelled north for the opening ceremony, but instead called “Cormack Park”. McInnes does not plunge into those waters, but from this observer’s standpoint that set the alarm bells ringing,  (I don't think it's a stretch to suspect McInnes did indeed "plunge into these waters" but strictly off-the-record.)

Also:

he’d have liked ......perhaps also to have stepped aside closer to when Stewart Milne made way for Dave Cormack.

What comes across ironically is that McInnes actually agreed with the Deek out brigade that "it was time", not because he couldn't do the job but because a narcissistic chairman had made it impossible to do properly.

Edited by Game of throw-ins