The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

14 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

I can't take my personal views out when it comes to Aberdeen. The only things more personal to me are my family and some friends.

ABL. Anyone but Lennon.

In my case that would be friends and some family.

Nevertheless, I endorse your point

26 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

What did McGhee get a year and a half?
I always think managers should get at least 3 transfer windows to put their own plan in place even if it's shite.
American owners are more trigger happy, waiting for the dons fans to go tonto with their lack of expectation is perfect for McCormack.

McGhee got too long. I'd have sacked the c**t after the first press conference.

Or after the first game.

Alex fucking Miller got about 40 odd games. I think he's been the shortest so far. Glass will possibly beat that record.

image.png.975f064a91af3db6747c8deaa889c7e8.png

Glass' record is played 24 Won 8, Drawn 4, Lost 12.

Win 33.3% is better than McGhee and Alex fucking Miller

Edited by Suspect Device

Guest Bob Mahelp
29 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

What did McGhee get a year and a half?
I always think managers should get at least 3 transfer windows to put their own plan in place even if it's shite.
American owners are more trigger happy, waiting for the dons fans to go tonto with their lack of expectation is perfect for McCormack.

3 transfer windows will see us in the Championship and enjoying loads of live on TV, Friday night football. 

Doesn't sound so bad actually when I put it like that. 

Aye, that would be the common sense way to approach things. 
I suppose that there's a perception that Cormack is an egotist, and because he obviously has a quite a bit tied up personally in this appointment....as I said above, Glass is a friend, the Atlanta connection (how deep does it go, who's pulling the strings ??), and the fact that he quite obviously had made his mind up to appoint Glass a long time before he did, for whatever reason. 
The statement he made about Glass being the 'outstanding candidate from a long list of applicants' is quite obviously a lie, and insults the support. 
We also don't really know him as a Chairman, and how he's likely to react to this mess (which he himself created).
I don't get the feeling that he's likely to sack Glass and appoint an experienced manager like Alex Neil, someone who isn't Cormack's man. 
Hope I'm wrong though. 

I expect Cormack, as a successful businessman, must have had to make difficult decisions in his time to the betterment of his businesses. Let's hope he does the right thing soon, a la Roy MacGregor [emoji120]

In terms of his tenure as Chairman and its relative success, we shall have to wait and see.

1 hour ago, Clown Job said:

Lennon?

Come on don’t be silly.

Dont let fear get the better of you with silly suggestions like that 

Short term a decent shout,  he'd get them fired up and playing  better but next season would see it all unravel. 

16 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Not read the thread

But pro-McInnes Aberdeen fans are a fucking disgrace with their Stockholm syndrome pish 

Getting rid of that boring c**t was the right call

The chairman made a c**t of the replacement 

Interesting take on things.

You didn't read any of the comments, but use phrases like 'disgrace' and an insult like 'stockholm syndrome' if some supporters have a different point of view to you.

Presume you are possibly one of the twitteratti Dons fans who's opinion Cormack seems to place so much stock on?

1 minute ago, tarapoa said:

Presume you are possibly one of the twitteratti Dons fans who's opinion Cormack seems to place so much stock on?

I think there are legitimate criticisms of Cormack, but I'm unconvinced that there is any demonstrable truth in this.

If Cormack was being swayed by what he was reading on social media, he surely would have sacked McInnes earlier than he eventually did? Also, I read people on here saying that McInnes was doomed the second Cormack took over from Milne, which would surely indicate that Cormack's mind would already have been made up and he wouldn't have needed to be placing any stock in the opinions of fans on Twitter? 

So just a thought here, instead of calling McInnes a c**t etc at every opportunity for having the gall to have us finishing around 2nd/3rd constantly how about maybe think about the idea of the team being disrupted by Cormacks influence. McInnes probably stood up to Cormack which he didn't like, it was clear the two never got on. Maybe worth considering that McInnes did indeed see what was going on and had the clubs best interests at heart. Or you could just keep calling the most successful manager we've had in past 30 years a c**t.....yeah that'll do

Edited by red23