The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

6 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Not read the thread

But pro-McInnes Aberdeen fans are a fucking disgrace with their Stockholm syndrome pish 

Getting rid of that boring c**t was the right call

The chairman made a c**t of the replacement 

Correct.

The most important thing is he admits his mistake & relieves SG of his job asap, & makes a far better job in the next appointment.

An actual interview process would work, as opposed to some pre-ordained Aberlanta hatchet job. 

1 hour ago, sidofthesouth said:

Alex Neil would be a good manager for Aberdeen

I was all for Alex Neil when McInnes initially departed. Most likely not interested in joining us however he'd be my main pick.

Alternatively, I'd go for Jim Goodwin. Again doubt he'd want to join us as he appears to be very comfortable at St Mirren and will no doubt locate to England in his next career move.

Cormack and co have well and truly bolloxed this appointment up. Was the right time for McInnes to leave but the replacement has been a disaster show of meteoric levels. Fear this could set us back a few years.

I think a lot of potential managerial candidates will be skeptical of joining us now. We are still an attractive proposition to many however not like we were when McInnes first left.

Let's just hope we get it right this next time.

Whoever comes in after Glass won't have it easy, whenever that may be. I'd like to think we'll have someone new in this week.

If we do, our new manager will take charge of an incredibly unbalanced team. It's not often we're this far into a season and I don't know what our strongest team formation wise and player wise. Too big a squad, too many players who can play a similar role, particularly in midfield. 

Worrying, I am uneasy about this season. No one is ever too big to go down. 

4 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I was all for Alex Neil when McInnes initially departed. Most likely not interested in joining us however he'd be my main pick.

Alternatively, I'd go for Jim Goodwin. Again doubt he'd want to join us as he appears to be very comfortable at St Mirren and will no doubt locate to England in his next career move.

Cormack and co have well and truly bolloxed this appointment up. Was the right time for McInnes to leave but the replacement has been a disaster show of meteoric levels. Fear this could set us back a few years.

I think a lot of potential managerial candidates will be skeptical of joining us now. We are still an attractive proposition to many however not like we were when McInnes first left.

Let's just hope we get it right this next time.

McInnes should have been away at the latest 18 months earlier, perhaps a change then would have heralded better outcome

Wouldn’t worry about it too much. Cormack is going to start flexing his financial muscle soon, and the Dons should pull away from Hearts and Hibs, whilst getting closer to the OF.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/aberdeen-increase-wage-bill-as-they-look-to-pull-away-from-hearts-and-hibs-3350447%3famp

On a slight tangent, I’d be interested to see what happens to scott brown if glass is sacked. 

If a new manager didn’t want him as part of the back room staff then where does that leave him, a big part of why he’s here is to learn the ropes off the pitch and contractually I’m assuming he is both playing and coaching staff. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 hours ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

Whoever comes in after Glass won't have it easy, whenever that may be. I'd like to think we'll have someone new in this week.

If we do, our new manager will take charge of an incredibly unbalanced team. It's not often we're this far into a season and I don't know what our strongest team formation wise and player wise. Too big a squad, too many players who can play a similar role, particularly in midfield. 

Worrying, I am uneasy about this season. No one is ever too big to go down. 

There's no sign at all that Cormack is going to get rid of the disaster that he created. 

In fact, given how much Cormack has personally invested in Glass (the Atlanta connection, the 'family friend', the fact that this was was an ego-driven appointment out of left field to prove that Cormack is a footballing genius), you've got to suspect that Cormack will just double down and keep quiet for the moment. 

We should have a clearer picture in a fortnight's time, after we've been humped by played Hibs, Rangers and Hearts. My fear is that we end up losing narrowly to the first two and get a draw out of Hearts, and that's enough for Cormack and Glass to start exclaiming that it's some kind of rennaisance. 

11 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

There are worrying parallels here with the 1994/95 season.

A Dons team that on paper looked far too strong to be in any kind of relegation problems. Until we were. 

Anyone else remember that season ? Our squad had players such as McKimmie, Irvine, Dodds, Shearer, Jess and yes, Steven Glass.

Maybe the standard was just higher then but it seems mental now that it was United and Aberdeen scrapping it out at the bottom that year with those players, and considering we had the likes of Malpas, Dailly, Petric, McKinlay, Bowman and Brewster.

14 minutes ago, 72redz said:

Listen tae yirsel min. Ken yir place he says...grow the f**k up, that shite is embarrassing 

If that's the way you want to take it, Mr p***kly, carry on.

It was a tongue in cheek comment to lighten the gloomy mood.